Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitter and receiver interchangeability

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Charles H. Larson
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter and receiver interchangeability

I have an Airtronics Quasar 6a. This radio is the old style airtronics. The specs on this radio are 6 channel fm/ppm dual stick. It is on 72 mhz and channel 46. The receiver is model #92765 fm 6 ch super narrow band receiver. I am wanting to get another flight pack. Do i have to find the same receiver or are there alternates i can use, since this style of radio is discontinued. If there are other types of receivers that i can use please tell me the maker and model#
Old 03-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: transmitter and receiver interchangeability

You can get a compatable receiver from FMA, check out their web site. I think you can also get a Hitec receiver set up for positive shift (they are normally negative shift) on special order. Your local hobby shop should be able to guide you. Any brand FM reciever using positive shift should work okay for you.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:17 PM
phread59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transmitter and receiver interchangeability

Most hobby suppliers sell Hitech flight packs. You get a switch, battery pack, servo's and a reciever for a lower price than buying sperates. The packs come in different varietys. As in some for electrics,sail plane or sport or large scale power planes. Just buy the appropriate flight pack to your needs. You must also purchase a chrystal as it is not included.

When you order just be sure to tell them it is for an Airtronics radio. They will ship an appropriate reciever. Do this and you should be good to go.

Mark Shuman