Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

50 MHz Futaba Flight Pack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 06:38 PM
TyBryner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 MHz Futaba Flight Pack?

Has anyone ever tried to buy a flight pack with a 50 MHz futaba receiver? All I can seem to find is 72 "high and low" band receivers unless you buy it all seperately, which seems to be a little more expensive.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:19 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: 50 MHz Futaba Flight Pack?

I never thought about that , but I think you are right.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Don T. - NN4S
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 50 MHz Futaba Flight Pack?

ORIGINAL: TyBryner

Has anyone ever tried to buy a flight pack with a 50 MHz futaba receiver? All I can seem to find is 72 "high and low" band receivers unless you buy it all seperately, which seems to be a little more expensive.
We hams don't represent a large enough chunk of the market to be considered worth putting together "promotional" deals; they generally manufacture the 50MHz gear as we order it instead of keeping it in stock. Because they don't tend to build up major inventories of it, there's no need for them to set up "package deals" to sell it off. Then there are those of us who prefer to build our own gear or convert older gear for whatever reason (myself, I do it because I fly Single Stick radios & don't trust the manufacturers for the most part anyway). Maybe someday that'll change as the powers that be do all that they can to swell the ranks of the Amatuer Radio Service here in the states, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen!