Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba 9chp or jr 10x

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 11:35 PM
azdesertfalcon3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 9chp or jr 10x

i am kinda new to helicopters and looking for a radio system that will grow with me for a few years i would like to get some opinions on weather i should buy a used 10x for 610.00 with everything but servos, rx,rx batt or a new futaba 9chp with everything including 4 ds9252 servos.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO the Futaba 9Z is head and shoulders above the 10X in programming.

Vince
Old 06-17-2002, 11:42 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Az, Comparing the 9C to the 10X is an unfair comparison. The 10X falls between the 9C and the 9Z's capabilities, but closer to the 9Z. Also, the 9C you mention is coming with 5 $150 servos...again a tough way to try to compare.

The easiest possible answer to your question is this -- do you ever intend to fly aircraft? gliders? powered planes? slope soarers? If you ever want to do anything with your radio other than helicopters, then the 10X is not the choice for you, as it is aircraft type-specific. The 9C and 9Z both offer programming for gliders, airplanes and helis all in a single transmitter.

If you want a heli only radio, then you've got a lot more comparison work to do.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:16 AM
RcNorth

I would agree that the 10x should be compared to the 9Z, not the 9C. But I would still recommend the 9C over the 10x, for a couple of reasons.

1. Ease of programming, the dial on the 9C can't be beat.

2. The 9C, as with the 9Z, has programming available for other types of aircraft besided helis. Why limit your options before you ever get started.

Also, go with the 9C over the 9Z. There are a couple of nice features that the 9Z has, over the 9C, but if you are just getting started, it will be a long time before you even realize that you want these features. And it will be a want, not a need. Unless of course you are going to be competing seriously, then they will be needs.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:45 PM
azdesertfalcon3

thank you all very much for your replys it has been very helpful and has brought more insight to my options
i have heard that the 10x had the downfall of one r/c type but i have also heard people say that even though the 10x is heli. that it can still fly planes just something about switch placement

THANK YOU :sunsmiley
Old 06-18-2002, 04:09 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Az, that information is mistaken. The 9Z, 9C and 6X all offer heli and aircraft model transmitters with heli specific switch placement but still carry all 3 types of programming. The 10X must be purchased with only heli programming or only acro programming.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:08 AM
RcNorth

I guess you could fly a basic trainer with 10x heli radio, as the throttle stick would still move the throttle servo etc, but the radio would still be in heli mode. This would mean that you would not have access to any airplane specific programming such as flaps, elvarons (sp), etc.

Also, hopefully you would be able to turn off all the heli-specific programming, such as gyros, pitch curves. etc.