Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

shaving Tower servos/Airtronics rec.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 10:35 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shaving Tower servos/Airtronics rec.

just making sure before i start shaving the "lip" off my tower servos..i am buying a new reciever for my airtronics radio i just bought and would like to use my tower servos that are already installed in my avistar .. till i get another plane and new servos.. can i do that? i want to be able to replace the airtronics reciever w/ the tower reciever it has in there when i get a new plane and give everything plane,radio blah blah to my lil bro...
Old 04-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Montague

Default RE: shaving Tower servos/Airtronics rec.

Yes, you can shave off the tabs on Futaba/Tower connectors to make them fit JR-style plugs, I do it all the time. Sometimes also have to shave a slight bevel on two of the corners as well. It will be obvious what I mean if you need to do it.

However, on the mixing of a Tower and Airtronics TX and RX, you might run in to problems with the "shift" of the FM signal. Tower is a re-labeled Futaba, and Futaba and Hitec (by default) shift their FM signal one way, JR and Airtronics go the other, so their RX's aren't compatible by default. (some TX's and some RX's are selectable or auto-detect, so you may or may not run in to this).
Old 04-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Chris-_-Memphis

i have a airtronics RD6000 radio.. im buying a new reciever for it (airtronics) and am wanting to put it (temporarily) in a plane that has tower servos (that i dont want to take out) after i buy a new plane i wanna take out the airtronics reviever and replace it w. the original tower reciever and give everything + the tower radio to someone.. sorry i wasnt clear enough.. i just reread what i wrote in the first post[:'(]
Old 04-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Montague

Ah, that makes more sense .

Yes, you can do it, no problems. I have a whole pile of servos with hacked connectors, and they are fine.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Chris-_-Memphis

hehe ok.. thought my re wording might be alittle better ..10:35pm is when that first post was written.. after a few beers[X(]