Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RX antenna monocoat interference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 01:24 PM
hawkrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX antenna monocoat interference?

I'm thinking I might have an idea to hide the antena on the outside of the plane... cover it with iron on film match the color of the plane. That will hold it in place and keep it from getting tangled or pulled when transporting planes. I've read other posts where people route their antena inside the plane...some like some don't... some have had receptions problems others haven't... Does anyone think the antena on the outside of the plane under monocoat...or your favorite iron on fill may cause a reception problem?
Old 04-04-2004, 01:34 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: RX antenna monocoat interference?

No, I run antennas inside wings covered with Monokote all the time, inside fuses covered with Monokote, etc. You'll be fine, if you get any interference, it's not becasuse of the covering unless you cover your planes with aluminum foil or something.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:59 PM
mattalbr
My Feedback: (1)

Not a bad disguising technique though if you choose not to run through the fuse or wing. I'll keep it in mind.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:17 PM
smokingcrater

why not route it inside? just get some plastic pushrod tubing and run it inside that, MUCH safer then outside the fuselage where it could get caught or nicked...