RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Or JR

Old 04-07-2004, 02:14 PM
bt98

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Airtronics Or JR

I am getting back in to RC flying after many years. Everyone said to buy a computerized transmitter. I am between a JR XF421 with the 610 receiver or the Airtronics VG 6000. Any comments as to which has the better single conversion receiver (distance), and interferance? I notice Airtronics includes a ESC with the package for the same price.
None of the hobby shops in the area to my knowledge sell Airtronics. Any suggestions?
Old 04-07-2004, 05:09 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Airtronics Or JR

You would probably do fine with either radio. I know the Airtronics is easier to program in my opinion. We had a few long time JR users in the club I belong to and all but two are now converted to Airtronic RD series and love them. I am a long time Airtronis user and I didn't realize Airtronics still made a single conversion receiver, all mine are dual conversion.
Fred B
Old 04-07-2004, 05:53 PM
mr.rc-cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you will be flying at a club site and expect to get radio setup help, then buy something that they are familiar with. Otherwise, I think either choice is fine.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
FrankEscalle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got a RD6000 sport and it is awesome. I have always liked Airtronics because theyare made in the US and in my home state CA. I do not like JR because they are a Japanese Company (Japanese Radio=JR) and it would be harder for support. The Airtronics are also very easy to use.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:27 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I prefer the JR by a mile, but the best thing to do would be to go to your LHS, and flying field and buy a radio someone can help you with in case you have a problem... If not, you can get help here on RCU!
Old 04-15-2004, 02:01 PM
wolf123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Frank
first Jr stand for Japan Remote, second Airtronics radio aren't made in USA bat in Japan by SANWA ELECTRONIC. JR was founded by a staff of engineer that left Sanwa.
I love Sanwa they make the best servo,the Erg series. www.sanwa-denshi.co.jp
Regards Mirco
Old 04-15-2004, 07:51 PM
h8w8n

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I own a Jr 8103 and an Airtronics RD6000 and believe me there is no comparison. The JR is by far a higher quality radio, although it does cost more. The RD 6000 seems cheeply made and although it is easier to use the JR is more versatile.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:50 PM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The JR is the better of the two and the JR8103 is all the radio the average RCer will ever need. And although it may be somewhat challenging to program, it can be programmed with a little practice and help from other owners of the radio. Don't believe all the stuff about where they are made as virtually all radios are made somewhere else other than the USA.

Regards,
doubledee
Old 04-16-2004, 12:49 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Why is it people bring up higher end radios like the 8103 when the poster is asking about radios like the 421ex and VG6000? That's simply not helpful. I don't talk about Cadillacs when someone is looking for a Chevy Cavalier.

I've got a 421ex that I use as a buddy box with my 8103. It's a decent radio, but it doesn't really compare well to the VG6000. I take it you're looking at electrics? The Airtronics single-conversion receiver is new, so you probably won't find a lot of feedback on it yet. It's the only SC Airtronics makes. The JR receivers are almost all SC, and I've used them for years without any issues. Some people will start saying this and that about JR's single-conversion process, but the truth is that it works as well as any dual-conversion system. Anybody who says otherwise is either flapping their jaws, or is talking about theoretical electronics as opposed to practical experience in the field.