RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Zhen Hua PCM-4CH Radio

Old 04-08-2004, 03:40 AM
GarbMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Zhen Hua PCM-4CH Radio

Where can I go to find info for this Radio? Maybe get a manual. I got this radio on trade. Does Zhen Hua have a website for that radios?
Old 06-17-2004, 04:28 AM
GarbMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Zhen Hua PCM-4CH Radio

Does anyone have any info on this yet?
Old 06-17-2004, 05:12 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

These usually come with micro helicopters. It is a normal PCM unit so it should work if the shift is the same as your transmitter. I wouldn't trust it for anything more than a park flyer.

John
Old 06-22-2004, 05:59 PM
GarbMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Could you explain shift to me? I was wanting to use this radio with a simulator. It has a training jack in the back. I don't know the pinout of the plug. I would like to use it as a buddy box too. I just can't find any info.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:14 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GarMan,

Shift applies to all radios, it is just that it is common practice to use positive shift in most places, Europe included. To my knowledge, negative shift is only used in the USA but it may also be used elseware. Shift is simply the direction in which a data pulse shifts the carrier frequency for a one or positive data pulse. Positive shift increases the transmitted frequency about 5KH in our case, every time a positive pulse is sent out in the data stream. Similarly, negative shift decreases the transmitted frequency by the same amount when a positive data pulse is sent. In the USA both Futaba and Hitek use negative shift on the 72 and 75 MHZ bands but use positive shift for the 6 meter operations.

This was copied from Rodney here on RCU. I found it using the search function. He explains shift very well.

As to the training jack plug. I have no first hand knowlege of this radio. You were not receiving any replys so I went on the net to search for any information that seemed relevant to share with you. I could not find a website in English that I could understand.

Sorry,
John
Old 06-23-2004, 09:21 AM
olivier

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

Have a look here to buy a pc-interface for FMS and read the comments : http://www.rc-electronics.co.uk/zhenhua.htm
It seems that this brand has some special buddy signal not compatible with any other brand of transmitters.
Olivier
Old 06-29-2004, 02:42 AM
GarbMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

John/Oliver. Thanks for the info. What's the currency exchange form GBP to US Dollars? I'm trying to figure out what the FMS adapter cost. Does anyone know how to get your TX to work in FMS without using the battery. I quess I will have to find a AC/DC power adapter that's the right amps and fix me a plug. Maybe I could install a extra switch and use the charger jack and plug the AC/DC adapter there. Any thoughts?