RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Eclipse 7 sticks are reversed

Old 04-10-2004, 11:18 PM
jpowersny2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Eclipse 7 sticks are reversed

I have an Eclipse 7 that I've been using on many models without problem...until today. Today all of the stick controls reversed -- not just the servos, but the sticks. That is, the display shows L/U when either the rudder or aileron is pushed to the right, and visa-versa. The throttle and elevator sticks are wrong as well. The cut button works only when the throttle stick is up. The servos in all models have also reversed direction. It is as if the potentiometer wires were reversed on all 4 pots.

Before this problem started, I had taken the back off to remove the throttle ratchet. When reassembling I accidentally reversed polarity on the power. I turned on the radio and nothing worked. I immediately shut it off and corrected the polarity. Everything seems to work fine, except this stick reversal. Is there any way to fix it short of reversing the pot wires? It would seem that the factory would have a stick calibration routine...but how to access it?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Wing-Ding

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Eclipse 7 sticks are reversed

Reversing the polarity of the power is a very bad thing. If it caused the stick directions to reverse, I would send the radio back to Hitec to be repaired. There may be a number of other things that don't work properly- just that you have not discovered them yet. So I wouldn't try to fix it myself. If it's that important to you, you might ask them to remove the throttle rachet feature. It might be simple for them to do it.