Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Ace Silver Seven Crystals

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 02:26 PM
flyingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Silver Seven Crystals

I have two Silver Seven Systems. I built them 20 years ago. I know how to service them and they provide pretty much the same functions as the new radios. However, in Canada 72.080 and 72.320 are illegal frequencies now.

I need legal frequencies. Does anyone know where I can get Silver Seven Crystals? Ace and the servicing company don't handle them anymore. Narrow bandwidth is not a problem as I can pull the frequencies on both sides of the new frequencies.

Does anyone have Silver Seven Systems they are no longer using?

Paul
St. Albert, Alberta.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:48 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ace Silver Seven Crystals

go to yahoo groups and look up ACERC, a group for friendly guys that use older Ace radios and electronics.

also check [link]http://www.jensenjetmodels.com[/link] as the owner, Marv is the guy that bought out all the Ace radio parts and pieces when they shut their operation down. he is also reproducing the FMA replacement RF deck for the Ace radios.

dave
Old 04-13-2004, 07:37 PM
The PIPE

Default New RF decks and ANTENNAS...

Dear Flyingwings:

The PIPE here yet AGAIN...and it's at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACERC/ that you will be going to, to meet up with a whole LOT of Ace RC gear users...like myself!

For your TRANSMITTERS, Marv Jensen will have the RF decks you can use to retrofit your gear with-an Email to him at [email protected] can get you set up to get some NEW FM RF decks for your Ace gear to use! Also, an Ace RC FACTORY modification that was done on ALL Silver Sevens to make them TRULY 'narrow-band' was to replace ONE of the capacitors in the encoder...I've attached a graphic of WHICH capacitor it is with this message, and where to get the part...I've flown MINE with this modification, and it DOES work just fine!

For RECEIVERS, well, Fred Marks' own FMA Direct firm has TONS of great receivers for you to consider at https://www.fmadirect.com/site/products.htm?cat=1 ...and if you'd like a nice Asian made receiver to use, those Hitec "shift-selectable" seven channel units...which will work with "just about ANY" non-PCM 72 MHz transmitter on the market...are ALSO a good bet (viewable HERE at RCU, at http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...?receiver_id=2 ) and with either an Ace RC FM or Jensen FM RF deck in your Silver Seven, be prepared to get a staggering 270 FEET (just over 80 meters!) of ground test range with your Ace RC transmitter sending signals to one of those Hitec "shifty" receivers-that's been MY experience with them! Of course, that's with the antenna DOWN all the way (only ONE segment showing, and screwed on the mount)...

...and if you're looking for a GOOD REPLACEMENT antenna for your Ace RC transmitters, one that WILL fit the Ace RC mount and be the EXACT same length...Futaba, of all people, has the answer in their "ANT-6" model replacement transmitter antenna...it's also known by its part number of "FUTM5050" and will EASILY fit and thread into the Ace RC antenna mount. On SOME of the older Ace RC radios, though a piece of heat shrink tubing WILL have to be applied to about the lower 1-1/4 inches (32 mm) of the Futaba antenna to get IT to fit SNUGLY into the Ace RC antenna plastic molded mount section at the antenna's base...otherwise, it IS "as an EXACT replacement" as you'll be likely to find...and if you check this Tower Hobbies address at http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go , you WILL find YOUR replacement antenna for your Ace RC transmitting gear RIGHT THERE!!!

Just "some ideas" to KEEP your dependable Ace RC gear going...hope these helped!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76458.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	121950  
Old 04-14-2004, 09:16 PM
MAVA

Default RE: New RF decks and ANTENNAS...

The Pipe

Thank you for the Yahoo Groups support link, Though I do not use my ACE systems any more. Every once and a while I put a flight on them or two.
I Have modifide them on my own.

Though I fly everything except rotor wing, I am a glider guy and I fly all my combat gliders on AM with a silverseven RX's, This weekend I will remove RF deck from my ACE Micropro to my JR MC24(it's German) TX.
I do have two rudder only TX with about 6 magnetic actuators want to get going. Enough said

I have alot of ACE schematics including some sent to me by Fred Marks when he was there at ACE.

I have a very intimate experience with electronics.

I have alot of info to contribute to the group.

PS flyingWings: for RX single conversion I have been using Futaba AM xtals and Hitec AM xtals

Again The PIPE thank you for the Yahoo link
Old 11-25-2004, 01:23 AM
sslayman
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: New RF decks and ANTENNAS...

The Pipe,

Hi, how are you? I've built several Ace RC radios (Ace 3 channel, Ace 5 or 6 channel (both red cases) and my beloved Silver Seven. I used them in the late 70's and into the early 80's until I got a JR heli radio and started flying those rotor winged thingies. Well here I am in the early 2000's (sounds funny huh?) and I'm looking to use the old SS again in some electric planes. I am now in the process of trying to get it narrow banded and a new FM RF module put in. I'm interested in anything you have to impart on this endeaver of mine. I've contacted Jensen Models about their RF deck. I hope to be using the SS again soon.

Scott Slayman
[email protected]
AMA #822864