Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

3305 Backlash??? I think.......

Old 04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Brillon1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3305 Backlash??? I think.......

I just bought a couple 3010's and 3305's from the marketplace. I installed one of the 3305's (high torque metal gear) on the elevator of my Funtana and noticed that there is considerable play in the surface. My question is this: would replacing the gears eliminate this play or is it the nature of the beast? The movement comes from the servo internals and not the arm, rods, or clevis (before anyone asks). And if replacing them is the answer then what is the difference between the Futaba gear set and the substitute Duratrax gear set, besides the name and about $8?? Thanks for the help, Brillon1
Old 04-19-2004, 07:36 PM
seagull extra
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: 3305 Backlash??? I think.......

I also bought a set of 4 3010's and a 3305 for a new plane I'm building. I also noticed a LOT of play in the gears of all four of the 3010's. I called Tower and asked if they were aware of the problem and they said they were not. These are my first Futaba servo's and I must say I am less than impressed with them for this reason. I own dozens of JR servos and none of them have near the geartrain slop of these 3010's.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Brillon1
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: 3305 Backlash??? I think.......

What can I do to solve this problem besides buying new servos?