RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C screen blanking problem, anybody else?

Old 04-16-2004, 12:00 PM
sizam
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 9C screen blanking problem, anybody else?

Hi,
So several months after I bought my 9CHP I shut it off once and dark vertical lines appeared on the screen and stayed for a couple seconds, scared the hell out of me. I was going to send it in but in the face of it being gone for months it seemed harmless. Then the screen blanked out on me after I turned it on once, again, scared the hell out of me but if I turned it off then back on it was fine and everything still worked if the screen blanked. Now I hear from a guy I sold my 9CAP to (I swapped over to the CHP) that he is experiencing the same problem (screen blank), has anybody else had this happen to them or heard something from futaba about it?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 9C screen blanking problem, anybody else?

Yes, both of these situations happen with me. The black lines at power on seems to stay on longer with the campac that without. My screen has gone blank 3 times over the past year. THe radio works without any known problems.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:17 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I asked Futaba Japan back in Jan 2003 about the black lines and according to them it is the characteristic of the type of LCD they are using. I have heard of LCDs fading after some heat exposure, so I applied an automotive V-kool film over my screen. I also use minimum contrast on my LCD. If you have an intermittent on-off kind of problem without any fading, then it could be a bad wiring connection to the LCD. You could request Futaba to replace the ribbon connector and LCD.......
Old 06-11-2013, 06:57 PM
blaydenrieff@gmail.com

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no i have never had that happen i love my trusted 9cap and i converted mine to spectrum 2.4 and now i am selling it want is and it comes with lots of other stuff