RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex EVO Concerns

Old 04-17-2004, 07:45 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Multiplex EVO Concerns

I thought I might mention a few things I read at RC Forums. There were some posts about the Evo line of Transmitters.
I still plan on getting one as soon as Tower gets them in.....but there are a few concerns regarding qauality control.
A couple of long time Multiplex users made some comments on there Evo's........One had to re-solder the wire that connects to the joysticks because it wasnt a solid solder joint. He also had to remove some solder splatter from the main board. He also reinforced the charger connector on the charger side. He mentioned the connection on the radio side could be more substanial as well.

Another guy posted that some of the solder joints on the main board stick up too much and actually poked indentions on the back of the case. This was even evident on the display models at Toledo. They mentioned that the case in general is not quite as solid as the Asian systems.

The bottom line though.........he would not fly anything but a Multiplex system and has no intention of buying an Asian system. He also mentioned that he has seen bad solder joints on all the major producers of Radio Control Systems
Old 04-18-2004, 05:17 AM
tjay88

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Multiplex EVO Concerns

Personally I would not be put off. As you've said all radio's of one manufacturer or another have the odd bad one. I'm sure if this was a common occurance I'm sure we'd have heard of it by now. The fact that they can't make these radios fast enough to satisfy the demand must say something for the radio. I wouldn't buy equipment with a bad reputation for reliability. Talk to any of the multiplex users (myself included) would not go back to the asian radios. I'm very pleased with my Evo complete with Synth and scanner modules. Next is one of the sythesised receivers which have just become available in the UK.

Don't let this put you off what is a superb radio. Try it and make your own mind up. You won't regret it.

Regards,
Tony
Old 04-18-2004, 05:45 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Multiplex EVO Concerns

A couple of years ago the main UK magazine had an article advising us to open up and clean inside every new Tx, Rx and servo. It had close up photos inside Futaba and JR equipment showing bare wire filaments and solder blobs floating around, waiting to short across something and cause a failure. It's a fact of life when using robots to make things. Multiplex is no worse for it than Futaba/JR. Doing the quality control on it requires a human to spend time carefully checking it, that whacks up the price and then that equipment won't sell. It's our fault for putting cheap price before everything else.

H