Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New end on old aritronics servo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 12:17 AM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New end on old aritronics servo?

Hey guys I have gotten a airtronics 94554 servo, used that is supposed to wrok. The only problem I have is that I fly JR. I know that the new airtronics have a new z conector that will work with the JR. My question is how to I change ends? Which wire goes where, form old conector to the knew z plug or a JR plug? Thanks for any help! Also anyone know the specs on this servo?
Old 05-15-2003, 02:23 AM
TMooreATX

Double BB, coreless motor, 80oz/in of torque or thereabouts and the end is easy to change to Z. Find the lead with a silver stripe and this will be the positive lead. The lead adjacent to it is the negative and the remaining lead is signal.

Terry
Old 05-15-2003, 03:10 AM
strato911

Hope this helps:

Old 05-15-2003, 01:01 PM
capthis

That was what i was looking for. Thanks Guys!!!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 02:00 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default A little trick

If you do not have an extra JR, Hitec (S) or Airtronics (Z) plug to graft on to the servo.

You can only do this with the old style Airtonics servo plug. If you look at the plug you will see three little windows that you can see the metal pins. There is a metal flap on the pin that engages this window that holds the pin in the plastic housing. Now if you use a needle point and push this flap in from the window the individual lead can be removed from the housing with a gentle tug.

Since it only neccessary to reverse the positive and negative lead to make compatable with everybody else just reverse these two. OK now you just get artsy craftsy with a dremal tool to remove the three splines and the last step is to match it up to Dennis' drawing above and file on the two tiny champhers.

John
Old 05-15-2003, 05:59 PM
strato911

I'll attest to that John. I've done it before for a friend whos airtronics Rx died, and he replaced it with Hitec.

We (and by we I mean I) had to modify the ends on all 5 servos and the switch just as you described.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:47 PM
capthis

I modified the old plug and reversed the two wires. The servo works great! Thanks again, to all who helped. I now have an extra servo for my next project.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:26 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

John