Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dual band Transmitter w/Single band Reciever?

Old 04-20-2004, 03:32 PM
RoughLandin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual band Transmitter w/Single band Reciever?

I have a Futaba 6XAPS PCM/PPM transmitter that I use for my three glow planes with standard size servo set-ups.

I would like to test out the electric flight world at the small park near my new home. I'm thinking of the Cobra EPP foam plane for Hobby-Lobby. Can I use my Futaba 6XAPS transmitter with the park flier flight packs? The Futaba and Hitec ones I have seen seem to only have single band recievers.

I would hate to have to buy a new radio set-up just for electrics.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:07 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dual band Transmitter w/Single band Reciever?

Single band( I assume you conversion) receivers will work fine with your transmitter. Just make sure when you purchase crystals for single conversion receivers, get single conversion crystals. I have 3 or 4 transmitters that I have used single conversion receivers with with.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:22 PM
RoughLandin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Terry,

Does that mean that I would need to switch out the TX Crystal each time I wanted to fly that model?

Brian
Old 04-20-2004, 06:37 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No you would not touch the TX crystal. The single/dual consversion senarios only apply to the type of filter system used in the Rx, it has nothing to do with the Tx. If you use a single conversion Rx, you would also use a single conversion crystal of the same brand as the Rx ordered on the desired channel, in this case the same channel that your Tx is on.
Use only the same brand and single or dual conversion crystal as the type Rx your plugging it into.

A band is a block of frequencys (channels) some where in the frequency spectrum do keep in mind there are park flyers in the US that use the 27Mhz band and also the 72 Mhz band and in this case you can only use flight packs on the 72 Mhz band, the same band your Tx is on. You cannot us a 27 Mhz band crystal for instance in a Rx intended to be used on the 72 Mhz band.

John[8D]
Old 04-20-2004, 07:50 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the confusion, John is correct about the crystals.