Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help programming 8103 dual elevator servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 07:03 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help programming 8103 dual elevator servos

I need to program dual elevator servos and aerilons on my 8103. I am lost.

Anyone out there know of a link to this programming feature?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 07:11 PM
PlaneKrazee

Default RE: Need help programming 8103 dual elevator servos

I just did a search and found this: http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/shar...amming-air.pdf
Old 04-21-2004, 01:01 PM
PlaneKrazee

I followed the directions but the left elevator still moves with the spoiler pot. What's up with that?
Old 04-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

You can ask Danny at the JR forum for a programming guide download for future reference.
For the spoiler pot, use mix 3 or mix 4, and set up a spoiler to spoiler mix with -100% values to cancel the pot out.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:25 PM
PlaneKrazee

Airbike-RCU,

Thanks,

I think I missed the minus part of the 100%. I'll check it.

I would think that with all the dual elevator aircraft today this mix would be factory pre-programmed like flaperon is for dual aileron servos instead of having to use two of the available mixes #3 and #6 to perform this task.

I have a friend that has the Futaba 9C. It is easier to program than the JR 8103. The new 9C is very close to having the JR "feel".

If I want to disable the Aux channel#3 pot because I have that channel mixed will I need to use mix #4?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Brian, I suggested mix 3 or mix 4 to cancel the pot out as those two mixes are the least needed ones.
Mixes 1 and 2 are multi point mixes so are good for mixing rudder to elev, or rudder to ailerons for knife edge coupling issues. Also good for smoothing out a gas engines's power curve by using a throttle to throttle mix to make the power curve more linear.
Mixes 5 and 6 have the 'included trim' feature so that both halves of the elevators will respond to the trim.

I would've bought the Fut 9C but all my other stuff was JR or Airtronics and the Rx's would not be compatible with Futaba.

I still like the 8103, it does pretty much everthing I need at this point.

I'm going to try to get my hands on a JR 9X I 've had the chance to take a good look at one that a flying buddy is using (those traveling bussinessmen) and I like it. Of course things will depend on the price that I can get it for.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:13 PM
PlaneKrazee

I found the problem. I had set the elevator at 150% travel and thought the spoiler had to be set the same way to function. Since I only programmed -100% in mix 3 the pot still controlled the surface. Once I set the spoiler to 100% travel the pot stopped working. (I still wonder what would have happened if I set the spoiler travel to -150% in mix 3. By the time I figured this out I had to charge my tx battery)

Now I have to play with my geometry on the two sides. The servo arms are not at the same angle do to tolerances so I guess I need to adjust the sub trims. This is a pain in the sac.

For dual ailerons you need to set both the aileron and flap at the same % of travel.

Still learning.

It would be nice to have a manual that clearly states all of this.