Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Somethin Extra Servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:30 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somethin Extra Servos

I am ready to choose my servos for the SE kit I have just finished. I have 3 JR537 servo's from another plane that bit the dust. Yep, I have tested the 3 and they are fine. I am debating on whether to finish out with 2 more 537's or maybe a couple of Hitec 605BB's. However, I see that these are discontinued when I look at the Tower Site. So I guess I have two questions: 1. Are the 537's enough for the SE? (I think they are, so I am just verifying.) and 2. What Hitec Servo has replaced the 605BB?

BTW: My SE is pretty standard: engine is a OS46FX, and will be using a 12X5 or 12x6 prop.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:51 PM
TimothyM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Somethin Extra Servos

My somethin' extra has an OS 46FX swinging a 12x4 prop. It has all JR 537's and they are doing just fine. I put my SE through extreme maneuvers and these servos work well.

You'll love this plane. While it wasn't designed for 3D, mine will waterfall with very high rate elevator and elev.-flap mixing. (elev. down=flaps up)

Sorry I don't know much about the Hitec servos. However, the 537's will be just fine.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:41 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Somethin Extra Servos

TimothyM, thanks for the response. I figured the 537's would be enough, just wanted to have someone respond that has used them on the same plane and engine combo. I have since checked a prop compatibility table and find that the 12X4 is supposed to be too big. Thanks for the info on the 12X4 as well.