Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Emcotec DPSI RV Users.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emcotec DPSI RV Users.....

Guys,
Anyone out there using a DPSI RV?
Got a quick question.
I am using 2 Duralite Rx packs and unlike before, I WILL NOT be using two switches as usual. The DPSI has it's own switch.
Before, I was mounting the switch/voltage test lead to the exterior of fuse, to be able to check voltage.
THis will NOT apply now, due to the fact that I no longer need the Duralite switches w/ the DPSI unit.
I noticed in the DPSI manual that there is an "audible" alert that will sound when the batteries get low. I think it just says "when the voltage reads 4.3volts to the servos" ?? or something like that.
Of course, stop fly voltage on Duralite packs is 6.9v per pack.
I'm just trying to figure out if the audible, low-battery alert is something that I can rely on, to know my voltage is ok to fly on???
Can anyone elaborate?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:51 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Emcotec DPSI RV Users.....

The Emcotec electronic switch has provisions to read the actual static pack voltage prior to the regulated output seen by the servo buss. I use C-volts from i4c and stir the sticks to see whats going on, this loads the system down quite effectively.

The audible alert is just that an alert, I would NOT rely on this to ascertain a safe no fly voltage... This audible alert voltage is under load at the servo power buss and is meant to be a warning of eminent danger, nothing else. If this were ever to sound off land and land quickly, especially with Lithiums in use.

Lithiums typically are actually usable down to 3.0V per cell, but most battery re-packagers recommend we stop flying at a 3.4V or so per cell or 6.8V cumulative. This recommendation is two fold; first and foremost is safety and cells well being is considered secondary, IMO...