Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Unable to reverse Channel 3 on 6XAS Xmtr

Old 04-20-2004, 07:39 AM
mikefev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unable to reverse Channel 3 on 6XAS Xmtr

Please bear with me on this one. My Futaba 6XAS Xmtr works fine. I was always able to reverse all 6 channels using proper procedure. The other day, I was setting up my Soarstar electric with the 6XAS and found the motor channel (3) was reversed. (Full throttle was idle and idle was full throttle. So I says to myself "self" just reverse the channel. I did and now the throttle doesn't work at all. I changed back to the origional setting and the motor worked. Am I doing something wrong? Is this problem something to do with electric's? HELP!!!
Thanks in advance for responses

VR Mike
Old 04-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Unable to reverse Channel 3 on 6XAS Xmtr

That is interesting, I would like to know this answer as well.
Does the trim work at full throttle and not at idle?
Old 04-20-2004, 11:48 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try with a different reciever, then with a different servo. You will then be able to determine which componenet is causing the problem. My guess would be a bad reverse switch in the transmitter, but that is only a guess.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:42 AM
mikefev

Hi
Did some more testing and everything works in the reverse setting including trim. It is just when you go through thr menu and select channel 3 to "reverse" from its present orientation, it goes dead. It works OK with my LT-40 Glow plane. I have not tried a different ESC but I have one on order as a spare. Its a puzzler! In case I wasn't clear, this is occuring on an electric Soarstar with a dual conversion Hitec 5 channel Rcvr and a Great Planes ESC.

VR Mike
Old 04-21-2004, 10:37 AM
mr.rc-cam

Did some more testing and everything works in the reverse setting including trim.
Many ESC's need to be armed, which requires that you go to extreme stick positions. The Tx settings can interfere with this. They can be fine for one travel direction, but wrong when reversed.

(1) Is your electronic sub-trim mix offset too far?
(2) Is the travel volume mix set to low?
(3) Have you enabled a flight mode mix that is affecting the throttle channel?
(4) Have you tried resetting the model memory and starting over?
(5) Have you tried moving the stick's mechanical trim lever to its lowest setting?
Old 04-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The throttle channel needs to be reversed on the Futaba to operate the ESC properly. I have four electric planes and they all needed to be reversed on the throttle channel. If you do get it to work with the servo endpoints, you will find high throttle at the bottom. Test it without the prop for safety reasons as it will go to wide open throttle. Found out the hard way.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Since you mentioned that the transmitter works properly with a servo, the difficulty would be in the speed control.

With Great Planes ElectriFly speed controls, you must advance the throttle to full, hold it there 30 seconds to a minute, and then move the stick to full idle before the speed control will activate the motor. The time varies, but it's not just a ratchet up and back.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 AM
mikefev

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I finally got it to work by being patient and waiting for 30 seconds to one minute at full throttle and then pulling back to idle. Sometimes the simplest resolutions to the problem escape one.
Thanks again to all!

VR Mike