RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo, Rx on 6 volts

Old 04-25-2004, 05:10 PM
dmiller
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Servo, Rx on 6 volts

Ok, I have started a large scale Christian eagle, and use a Futaba 9z radio, regular futaba fm rcvr, and multiple servos ( 4 aileron, 2 elev. and 1 each rud, and throttle) due to its large size. This is the first time I have used 6 volts, as it was recomended to me due to number of servos, etc. What I am experiencing, is some of the servos occasionally waive at center or neutral when control is released. Maybe, hunt, is a better choice of words. In other words, when I move the stick to full, and release control, the control surface goes past center before returning to neutral. On the ailerons,(Fut 3010's), it usually is only one of the 4 that does it. The elevators both did it, until I swithched servos to Hitec, and now they behave normally. Is this a voltage problem? Can anyone offer any advise, or input, or similar experiences? Thanks in advance.

Darryl
Old 04-25-2004, 09:25 PM
rjmdubois

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Servo, Rx on 6 volts

I would check the connections, specially the aileron extensions. I had similar problems in a Widebody 90, using 3001 servos and it turned out that the extension lead had oxidate.