RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9 CAP Tx Possible to convert from 72 Mhz to 36 Mhz

Old 04-26-2004, 01:43 AM
cometravi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 9 CAP Tx Possible to convert from 72 Mhz to 36 Mhz

Hi,
I am planning to purchase a 9 CAP transmitter only but the problem is that the price-availability sweet spot restricts me to buying from the US i.e. 72 Mhz, where as all my old T6XA and 4 receivers are 36 Mhz. Where I fly there is no set land, air frequency so no problem. The question is
1. Can i buy a 9 CAP Tx only from the US, i.e. 72 Mhz and then replace the entire module at the back with a 36 Mhz module?
2. Is the 9 CAP or for that matter all radios coarsely tunes to a frequency say 72 and then the crystals/ module fine tunes it for a particular sub-band under that frequency.

I looked up the futaba website and posts on RCU but no real info on this? Can anybody advise me on this. Thanks...
Old 04-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Scotts Billy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 9 CAP Tx Possible to convert from 72 Mhz to 36 Mhz

ORIGINAL: cometravi

Hi,
I am planning to purchase a 9 CAP transmitter only but the problem is that the price-availability sweet spot restricts me to buying from the US i.e. 72 Mhz, where as all my old T6XA and 4 receivers are 36 Mhz. Where I fly there is no set land, air frequency so no problem. The question is
1. Can i buy a 9 CAP Tx only from the US, i.e. 72 Mhz and then replace the entire module at the back with a 36 Mhz module?
2. Is the 9 CAP or for that matter all radios coarsely tunes to a frequency say 72 and then the crystals/ module fine tunes it for a particular sub-band under that frequency.

I looked up the futaba website and posts on RCU but no real info on this? Can anybody advise me on this. Thanks...
Yeap! You can just swap out the 72Mhz module for a 36Mhz module. I know guys here in New Zealand that do just that across their models. Fly 72Mhz on one model, then swap to a 40Mhz or 36Mhz module to fly something else (All three bands are legal here along with 35Mhz). Of course, you will then need a 36Mhz module for the 9C. The frequency of the 9C is all determind by the swapable module.

Cheers.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:13 PM
cometravi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

does anyone know where i can buy a 36 Mhz module for a 9C and how much does it cost approx?
Old 04-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Scotts Billy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As far as I know, 36Mhz is only used in Australia where it is THE frequency and New Zealand where it is allowed. My bet would be to do a search for Australian model stores.