Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

KO Propo Digital Servo Question

Old 04-26-2004, 01:54 AM
gurusivaraman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KO Propo Digital Servo Question

Hello,

I'm totally new to R/C and am building my first car (for fun, not racing). I have:

- a Novak Brushless Motor and ESC (5800)
- a Graupner (JR) Synthesized Radio and Receiver (XS6, European model)

and I just bought a Ko Propo Digital FET Servo (2123), because Ko Propo seemed to get excellent reviews, this servo had the best specs on paper and I generally wanted to have the best possible setup.

First problem, the servo has a FET input lead (7.2V) which is meant to work with ESCs that have a FET output lead. My ESC doesn't have this, and the servo instructions are not clear. After asking Novak and Ko Propo I connected the FET input lead on the servo directly to my battery pack (7.2V 3300 saddle pack). Have I done the right thing? Any suggestions - do I need a regulator or any other component?

Second problem, after wiring in the "choke" which was included in the kit to reduce interference, I installed the servo and tried out the setup. The servos chatters back and forth when the transmitter is in neutral, sometimes more, sometimes less. I have no experience with digital servos but it seems to me that the servo is either getting interference or it is trying to center exactly (i.e. this is good and to be expected). When I lift the car off the ground, the chatter often reduces, which seems to indicate that the servo is affected by the car's load and that this is a centering and not an interference phenomenon.

Can anyone here help me diagnose the chattering better? Do you have experience with this or other Ko Propo FET servos? Did I make the wrong choice totally?? Is there something else I can do to reduce possible noise (ferrite coil or noise filter...)??

Thanks very much for your help!

Guru