Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Opnion about new 9 Channel Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 05:23 AM
uby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opnion about new 9 Channel Radio

Guys i want to buy a new 9 Channel Radio.

I am a bit confused between Jr 9 X and futaba 9 CAP .... (PCM)

The jr fans recomend jr ... futaba fans recomend futaba ... leaving me all confused .... people say Jr 9x has more features and I fund the 9 CAP's sticks more comfortable ....

I am all Confused here ........ please help me out.

USMAN.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Opnion about new 9 Channel Radio

Different people find different features more useful so there isn't a universal answer to your question. The question "Which is better" can't be answered until YOU decide what features are the most important to YOU, what your plans are for the future for the kinds of aircraft you intend to get into, how many model memories you need for your situation, how much you will depend on complex mixing, etc.

If you're looking for specifics, go to the Futaba site and print up the features of each one and compare what they do line by line. Something might jump out at you that one radio does that the other one doesn't that YOU can't live without.
Mostly what you'll get here is people championing whatever radio they have already bought which doesn't help YOU unless you know the specific differences between the two.

Highflight
Old 04-29-2004, 05:07 PM
tjay88

Highflight's absolutely right. We all have our own ideas as to what we want and like.

Be sure to look at the Multiplex Evo9 in your evaluation too.

Regards,
Tony
Old 04-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Probably the easiest thing to do is go to your local flying club and speak to the flyers there. See what they use, ask questions, ask to handle their sets. Contact your LHS and do the same. Find out how easy it is to change features. No use getting a set that you need a 300 page manual to figure out how to change from PPM to PCM etc......

Choose the one that YOU are comfortable with, YOU will be the one thats forking out the money and using it. Nowadays most sets have almost identical features.

[8D]
Old 04-30-2004, 12:30 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the 9C a ton. It is easy to program and I feel the best radio made so far. My friend has JR and keeps calling me to help him program it cause the instructions suck and he can't make it work right when he switches planes. I have helped him a lot, but the 9C is a lot easier to program. I keep telling him to get rid of the JR and get the futaba cause I hate programming it.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:00 PM
mulligan

ORIGINAL: Mac_Man_UK

Probably the easiest thing to do is go to your local flying club and speak to the flyers there. See what they use, ask questions, ask to handle their sets. Contact your LHS and do the same. Find out how easy it is to change features. No use getting a set that you need a 300 page manual to figure out how to change from PPM to PCM etc......

Choose the one that YOU are comfortable with, YOU will be the one thats forking out the money and using it. Nowadays most sets have almost identical features.

[8D]
Be careful obtaining advice at the LHS. In many cases, they have exclusivity relationships with one or another brand and will offer "advice" in bad faith... and try to steer you towards a sale. Make sure they sell all brands you want advice/comparisons on, and that they don't have a "preferred" brand.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Good point,

Sorry I had forgotten to mention that you need an independant. Most LHS's here in the UK are "indies".

[8D]
Old 05-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

I'll add that, while I was careful to be totally unbiased and neutral in my first post because I simply wanted to make the point that what you want in a radio is more important that what others may want, I'd like to add here that you really, really, really need to explore the EVO9 by Multiplex.
I've been a brand loyal Futaba user for over a couple of decades, but the incredibly capable programming coupled with the extremely logical and easy to program features of the EVO has shown that I CAN be bought. My EVO, with it's 36 model memories (the EVO9 still has 20 model memories) is now the only transmitter I own.
So look at them all, but do yourself a favor and include the EVO in your self education. There is a Multiplex EVO thread over at RCGroups.com that probably covers all you might want to know about the EVO line (p.s. do NOT consider the EVO7... it is not in the same class as the EVO9 or EVO12 and is lacking in many of the incredible features of the 9 and 12).

Highflight