Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 635 vs. Futaba 3010

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:28 PM
seagull extra
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 635 vs. Futaba 3010

I bought a 25% extra 300 last winter and bought a set of Futaba 3010 servos for the ailerons and elevators. I don't usually buy low end servos as most of my rc experience is competive car racing and my servo of choice is the JR 4735 as I am fairly new to flying and I didn't feel like buying 6 $100 servos for this plane as I am not into competion flying and I just wanted a decent servo that would do the job. When I got the servos I pluged them into a Y harness and bench tested them as I often do when I am trying a new servo. I was less than impressed with the 3010 to say the least, there was a tremendous amount of gear train slop and the resolution was very poor. I was comparing them to a standard JR 527 and there was at least 4X as much gear slop and when using the digital trim on my R-1 radio I could see that the 527 had almost 3 indpendant clicks of movement to 1 movement of the 3010. I asked on the Futaba part of this site if they were aware of the gear slop problem with this servo and they said the 3010 is cheap servo and if I needed more precision I would need to buy a more high end servo. I was just about ready to bite the bullet and buy a set of JR 8101's but I decieded to try one more cheap servo, the Hitec 635 and I am very glad I did. The 635 is even smoother than the 527, almost as smooth as a 4735 and the gear slop is about the same as my nylon geared JR's.
PS. I also tried a 3305 with the 3010's and it was just as bad.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:13 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 635 vs. Futaba 3010

I agree the 3010's suck and I won't buy anymore.