Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Will any Rx/Tx work with BEC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
flymeaway
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will any Rx/Tx work with BEC?

Or do I have to buy a special radio up front for electric?
Old 05-05-2004, 03:08 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Will any Rx/Tx work with BEC?

No you do not need anything special. What a speed control with BEC does is provide current for your Rx from the motor battery through the throttle channel. In that way smaller electrics do not have to carry a separate Rx battery. All Bec equipped speed controls now will reduce or shut off your throttle when the motor battery goes below a minimum votage to give you time to land under control.

John
Old 05-05-2004, 11:28 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will any Rx/Tx work with BEC?

Note: BEC's have a servo load rating in addition to the motor power (voltage and current) rating. Typically a 2 amp ESC's BEC can drive 2 and only 2 mini servos... or up to 3 "Naro" servos. a 5 amp ESC's BEC can drive 3 minis and MIGHT drive 4 Naros. The 8 to 20 amp 6 to 8 cell ESCs typically are rated for 3 "standard" servos.

READ you ESC's docs! Don't try to drive more servos load than the BEC section is rated for.