Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tx Modules

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 09:47 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx Modules

Never done anything like this, but can I take the CH50 module from my JR 10SX transmitter and safely without tuning etc. use it in my JR 10X? Is the module tuned to the receiver, or is the transmitter and module together tuned to the transmitter?
Old 06-30-2002, 10:13 AM
Scotty740

Default Tx Modules

Bob,

The module is tuned independently from the transmitter. You can remove the module and use it in any JR radio that accepts the module. Each module it tuned to the frequency of the crystal that is installed in it.

I carry a spare module that is on a different frequency along with some receiver crystals so I can probably still fly if someone else is on my primary frequency.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:25 AM
bob_nj

Default OK, So...

The 10X is on CH18. I can pop the module in my 10X and fly the plane on CH50 with no tuning issues? Is swapping modules an OK thing to do? By that I mean in time, there's no problem with contacts or pins?
Thanks_bob
Old 06-30-2002, 11:02 AM
Scotty740

Default Tx Modules

There are no tuning issues as the module is the whole RF circuit. That is why the modules are swappable as the transmitter itself is independent of the module. I've not had any problems with the pins or contacts so far in any of my JR radios.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:14 AM
ec121k

Default Tuning

Bob,

Like Scott said, go for it.

When you remove the module, you are removing the radio frequency portion. I do the same thing with an older JR PCM-9. I have two receivers and two modules. Also, when a module type transmitter is "Gold Stickered", you'll notice that the sticker is on the module, not the transmitter. At least it should be. Short of dropping the module or opening it up and fiddling with it, there is no problem.

If you go changing receiver crystals however, there usually is an issue with moving too far away from the original frequency your receiver was set up with. Mine are labeled "high band" meaning that if I change the crystal, I should keep it in the upper half of the channels available to us.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:12 PM
bob_nj

Default I'll give it a go, Thanks