Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMA Servos

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 07:00 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FMA Servos

I never owned any servos from FMA direct but my LHS is offering to give me a good deal on them. I can't remember the model number. I need some servos for my 1/4 extra300.
Anybody using these servos or know anything good or bad about them ?
Old 07-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default FMA

RV, I've been using FMA equipment since they came into existence and have not had a single problem. I have dozens of their servos from the old 300s to the new Premier 905 MG series with 110 oz inches of torque, also I have many of their recievers and one of their new transmitters. I can't say much about their service because I never had anything of theirs fixed or replaced. They did repair my ACE MicroPro 8000 transmitter, it needed a new crystal and tuned, it only took about half an hour.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:40 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA Servos

I used FMA Direct servos for 4 years without any problems in aircraft from .40 size thru 1/4 scale (except for the 300s standard). Started using them after DAD went under for the second time. I have switched to HiTec however since my LHS doesn't stock many FMA servos anymore and he has all of the HiTec stuff.

If your "deal" is for FMA Ball Bearing servos you might want to consider it. If it is for non-ball bearing servos (or the 300s Standard) then I would pass. I had two of the 300s standard servos and they did not center well and they (at least mine) tend to be somewhat eratic in EPA operation (I got them to use on the throttle). My LHS replaced the first one but the second one was the same. I now use it on my engine test stand.

My experience - your mileage may vary.

Dan