Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What Servos are you using with what RX

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 06:24 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Servos are you using with what RX

For me the Hitec servo use started with the Hitec radio systems. My 1st radio was a Tower Hobbies System 3000 4-channel. I still have the RX and servos but haven't used them in a plane for a couple of years. My next two radios were the Hitec Prism 7 and Eclipse 7. I've used these radios for the last couple of years and have gradually augmented my flight pack collections (mostly from eBay) with both Hitec RXs and Hitec servos -- they currently make up a large proportion of my collection. Several months ago I bought my first Futaba radio system, the 8AU, and it came with Futaba 148 servos. I have picked up a few more Futaba servos since, including a 9001 coreless motor servo -- all through eBay at very good prices. During this time frame I've picked up some 3rd party clones from ACE, EXPERT, etc -- I now have several different brands and use them interchangeably in my models. The only time I've even paid attention to the servo and its capability is when I got into high performance airplanes like the Ultra Stick 120 and 1/4-scale Cap 232. I've used the Hitec 605s and 425s exclusively with these aircraft and plan on using the Hitec 5625s and 5645 on my next Hanger 9 1/4-scale Cap 232. I have the Hitec digital servo programmer and will use it to setup the elevator servo pair.

BTW, I have not had a single servo failure in over 3 years from my collection. I have, however, stripped my share of nylon gears, especially HS-81s. I'm going to start inversting in MG gears for my HS-81s. Each servo I've repaired with new gears have performed flawlessly -- I still have about a dozen servos I haven't repaired yet.

I don't have an exact inventory but will compile one tonight.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:42 PM
bear750
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the deal with the HS 81's? They're the only gears I've ever stripped also (three sets). They were in a HOB .10 stick (cheapass). Finally replaced with a HS 225.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:09 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the deal with the HS 81's? They're the only gears I've ever stripped also (three sets).
When you put a mild-manner servo in a combat plane your going to strip the gears when she cartwheels on the ground.

HS-81s with nylon gears are only good for low wingloading airplanes. My Wildthing and Funbat are anything but mild-mannered. The servo has plenty of torgue to move the surfaces during flight but not enough to survive a crunching.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:54 AM
bear750
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cheapass is about 11oz/sf (very low). It has landing gear, and the only place I used the hs81 was on the ailerons. No combat, no cartwheels, no crunching.

Still confused...