Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question

Old 06-12-2003, 11:36 AM
timfly1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

Hi
Getting back into R/C planes after a 12 year layoff, going to buy a wingo and a hitec 4 ch radio. Is Hitec a decent system?. My last radio was a .........World Engines 5 ch.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:01 PM
ballgunner

Default Question

I've used Hitec and Futaba radio equipment for years and have had little if any trouble with either. The Service received from both has been super. I dunked a Hitec receiver in one of my sailboats and sent it back for a check up. They just sent me a new one no questions asked. Same thing happened with a crashed RX. Again no questions asked. I broke an an ATV screw on a Futaba Xmitter. Fixed, no charge except shipping. I'm not saying
that Airtronics and JR aren't just as good. One of our club members won't fly anything but JR and he's perfectly happy. Modern electronics has progressed to the place that you can hardly go wrong with any brand. I understand that Hitec just bought Multiplex, a European radio. If it is as good as the rest of their stuff it should be great.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:09 AM
timfly1

Default Question

Thank you
Old 06-14-2003, 09:10 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question

Like Ballgunner said....it's hard to go wrong these days.

You pick a brand that has what you like....and you stick with it. Compatibility with future equipment you buy comes to mind.

The new stuff is absolutely amazing compared to the old. Remember the annual "send it in for service" with the old rigs? Every year.....off to the shop. (to the tune of about $60.00 and that was in the 70's!!)

Not anymore. Unless you dork it...it's good to go.

Welcome back!

'Nite
Old 06-14-2003, 09:11 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question

Tim...

Where in NH are you? I used to fly with the SNHRCC in the 80's......

Great club.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:32 AM
timfly1

Default Question

Hi
I live in Londonderry. Sat. I drove to a hobby shop in Salem NH. and puchased a Futaba 3ch micro systen for the Wingo. Hopefully the plane will arive this week and I can start flying again.