Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Programming Futaba 7CAP Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 05:51 AM
max42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Futaba 7CAP Help

I bought one of the new Futaba 7CAP radios and am trying to set it up for an Ultra Stick. The manual leaves something to be desired for anything but basic setups. I have the following configuration: 2 aileron and 2 flap servos, each going to separate channels; 1 servo for each rudder, throttle, and elevator channels.

ch1 - aileron (L)
ch2 - elevator
ch3 - throttle
ch4 - rudder
ch5 - flap (L)
ch6 - flap (R)
ch7 - aileron (R)

Has anyone programmed this configuration into a 7CAP?

I have attempted it the last few days but not having much luck.

I also have a question regarding throttle cutoff.

I can set the throttle cutoff OK but my question is about the switch assignment. The default switch seems to be the elevator dual rate (A). If I have dual rates set and also the throttle cutoff set on the same switch how can this perform both functions. I'd hate to be flying at low motor and hit the high rates and kill the engine. How can the switch do both? Or should I change switch assignments?

How do most people setup the throttle cutoff switch assignment? []

thanks for any help
Old 05-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Programming Futaba 7CAP Help

Not sure how the 7 CAP works, but on my T6XA, the aileron are 1 and 6, while the flap just occupies one channel. Why do you have seperate flap control? Why not use a 'y' harness?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:16 PM
max42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can set the ailerons to 6 or 7. I'm using seperate channels to take advantage of the different programming, such as mixing flap and aileron (super ailerons), etc.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:05 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have my 7C in front of me, but I use the trainer toggle switch on the left side. I think it is "g".

The manual is sparse fer sure, but once you watch someone else help you it makes sense rapidly. I'm now pretty confident in programming mine.