Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bad glitches in OMP Edge

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 08:05 PM
SgtMitchell
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad glitches in OMP Edge

ok guys and gals I need a little help. I have a OMP gs540 with an os160 engine and futaba 9c radio, futaba 8ch rec, hi-tec 605's on all surfaces except the rudder. I put 5 wonderful flights on the plane and busted the hi-tec 605 I had on the rudder. I replaced the 605 with a hi-tec 5625 digital servo and went back to the field the next day. I always do a range check and when I did with the engine off I did not notice a hit or gitter, but when I range tested with the engine running ALL of the control surfaces would hit or gitter. I have tried everything I know to correct this. I have pulled all the servo's out of the plane and replaced the extensions, and checked many other things. Why now am I all of a sudden getting hits or gitters when I put a new digital servo on the tail? The plane may sit there and run for five minutes and not flinch, then all of a sudden it will go crazy. What can I do?

ok, the spell check did not work so please dont flame me
Old 05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bad glitches in OMP Edge

I'm sure you've already done this but did you unplug the rudder servo and see if it still does it? Maybe that servo is bad and causing noise in the entire system.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:44 PM
SgtMitchell
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad glitches in OMP Edge

yes I did. I unplugged it and ran the engine and it did the same thing.
Thanks,
Chris