Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Possible JR PCM9 bug

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:27 AM
himagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible JR PCM9 bug

Got the new JR PCM9 and I think there is a bug in how the mixes work

Basically I have a delta jet with 2 elevons per wing. Therefore its I'm using the delta wing mix and mixing in channels aux 3 and 4 to elev/aileron

All ok until I move the sticks quickly.. The AUX 4 servo runs SLOWER!!!! and drags quite significantly behind the Ail servo. To the extent that if I move the Ailerons quickly I end up with crow brakes on one wing

Its not the servos, Rx or battery as I've swapped everything around. I've proved it right down to AUX4 mixing. If I run the same mixes with aux1,2 or 3 all is well

Can anyone help.... hopefully its me and aux4 is programmed elsewhere to do something else...

David
Old 05-19-2004, 01:45 AM
Javier Garcia

Default RE: Possible JR PCM9 bug

Probably there is a "circular mixing" as, probably, you tryed to establish it.
What I wolud do is this:
- Make a copy on other model memory, or other model memory
- Reset the copy to default setting. I supose the manual says the defaults settings.
- Try to do the mixings first.
- If everything is OK, adjust the other settings.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:07 AM
himagain

I removed all other mixes and disabled every option possible.....

Still does it

HELP!

can someone try it for me

David
Old 05-21-2004, 02:10 AM
mchristyuk

David,

I'm not 100% sure about this (don't have a tx infront of me to try..) but most transmitters don't transmit the upper channels every pulse cycle. 9 & 10 channels is stretching the limit for current PCM systems so most manufacturers only transmit channels 9 & 10 every other cycle. Some manufacturers only have channels 9 & 10 switched and not proportional.

What I think you are seeing is the fact that Aux4 being channel 9 is only updated every other cycle. Therefore it'll lag behind in large control movements. The upper Aux Channels are really designed for non critical flight controls.. such as retracts.. lights.. air brakes.. that sort of thing..

Therefore have a look at your setup and see if you can get your primary flight controls up to Aux3.. then use Aux 4 for retracts or something.

Would be worth giving MacGregors and ask to speak to Terry.. there isn't much he doesn't know about the JR transmitters..

Cheers

Mark
Old 05-22-2004, 12:36 AM
himagain

Cheers mark that makes sense.

Thanks for taking the time to write

David