Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DAD Servos......Any good ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 10:33 PM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAD Servos......Any good ?????

I bought these a few years ago and they are new in the pkg. Theses are the pro-flex W/metal gear set. I found their webpage and it states 120-150 oz torqe. It also liiks like they went out of bussiness in 1997. I sure would like to use them, but does anybody know if they are any good
Thanks
Brian
Old 07-04-2002, 12:27 AM
DavidH

Them being out of business for 5 years must tell you something. But if that is not a clue go ahead and use them, you can get in line with the rest of the pilots trying to get a refund from DADs

David
Old 07-04-2002, 01:29 AM
bigbri

A lot of good companys selling great products are unable to make it in bussiness. I could name a few great products that are now unavalable because the companys didn't make it in a this tough environment, but that is not the point of this thread. Once agian if anybody have any constructive comments to make I would be very greatful. I was hoping for specifics such as high failure rate, poor centering ect.
Thanks
Brian
Old 07-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought and used quite a few of the DAD servos. All performed very well and gave me what I felt was great service (still using them with no problems in some quarter scale planes). I was sorry to see them go out of business as they were a great value.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:57 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I had a set of their Tina servos running the ailerons of my Sparrow slope soarer. They needed to be replaced after about a year of flying - the metal gears had worn quite a bit.

YMMV.

(I still have a couple of replacement metal gearsets for the Tinas but have no need for them, in case anyone needs 'em.)
Old 07-05-2002, 02:03 AM
bigbri

Thanks for the input guys. I am going to give them a try
Best reguards
Brian