Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C vs 9C

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 05:12 PM
4_stroker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C vs 9C

Besides the extra 2 channels is it worth the extra money for the 9C? Is there really that many more features? Can the 7C program mixes to perform the CROW?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2004, 07:54 PM
wyflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Futaba 7C vs 9C

Check out [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/feature-compare.html]this[/link] . You can see if the 7c does everything that you need it to do.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:54 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

I had the 7C......its a good solid radio for the price........if you can afford it I would go with the 9C........the 9C has a slew of features not found on the 7C......and the extra 2 channels come in hand for adding extra devices......like monitors etc.
If your doing basic mixing......without using dual servo hookups and dont need the 2 extra channels......the 7C will probably fill the bill. Its very easy to program and for the money a very good first computer radio. If you get the 9C now you may not need to upgrade in the future.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

There is no comparison between the two. The 9C is a more capable radio, more features and more versatile. You can't go wrong with the 9C.

ORIGINAL: 4_stroker

Besides the extra 2 channels is it worth the extra money for the 9C? Is there really that many more features? Can the 7C program mixes to perform the CROW?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what its worth I have the 8UAFS with a Campac now capable of 16 planes. When the new 9C came out, I thought about it but would be a waste of my money since its feature are not much different than mine.
However I did have the opportunity to program a guys plane on one. the 9C was so simple I did not even need the manual.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I agree, the 8U's and the 9C are compatable.
I would not get the 9C if you have the 8U's unless you just want to upgrade.
If you have the 8U then I would say you should upgrade.

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

For what its worth I have the 8UAFS with a Campac now capable of 16 planes. When the new 9C came out, I thought about it but would be a waste of my money since its feature are not much different than mine.
However I did have the opportunity to program a guys plane on one. the 9C was so simple I did not even need the manual.