Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Returned 5945 Hitecs

Old 05-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Returned 5945 Hitecs

I just had the (6) new Hitec 5945 servos returned to me today. Two of the six stated that they had "damaged amplifiers". The implication was clear.

Considering one servo failed on the third flight, taking the plane with it. Another failed on a different plane while range checking before the first flight, it's a little tough to think about putting them in another plane.

I don't use a programmer. I don't set up with pull/pull. I don't gang servos. One servo, one surface, period. With straight C/F rods and short runs with Nelson ball links at both ends mated to Hitec H/D arms, how do you damage an amplifier? I DO use one Matchbox to match up elevator centers and end points. I always start with the radio trims and sub trims at zero. I also make certain that the servo linkage is mechanically adjusted as close as possible to center.

So I now have (6) factory checked, almost new 5945 servos along with a set of SWB 1-1/2" servo arms. Paper weights.

I think from here on out I will purchase JR, Futaba, or Airtronics products. They're much cheaper in the long run.

Bitter, you bet. Dissapointed? Even more so.

Thanks Hitec.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:47 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Returned 5945 Hitecs

If your not going to use them send them to me, I have a plane to test them in!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Returned 5945 Hitecs

Nice try. I never, ever go something for nothing. BTW. I don't want to get into any selling or bidding.

Especially in this forum