Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 56xx servos

Old 05-29-2004, 07:26 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 56xx servos

I have just returned from trying to fly an airplane equipped with Hitec 5625 servos.
I had to quit because one of the servos was acting up. It would stick in a position and refuse to move. This is an indication that the motor has a dead spot in it. One of the problems of a three pole motor. This is a replacement servo for one I previously had that did not work. I am begining to get a bit irritated with Hitec as I had this same problem with some of thier other servos.
I can probably fix it but I had to drive 50 miles to the field to fly and I just had to give up and go home.
Hitec should change thier motor supplier. I am going to change my servo supplier.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:38 PM
BobbyRichardson

Default RE: Hitec 56xx servos

Try some JR servo's cost a little more but well worth the money. I have never had one fail other than stripping the gears.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:33 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a search on your particlar brand and model of servo and see what the common problems are..
Old 05-30-2004, 11:36 AM
dirtybird

ORIGINAL: BobbyRichardson

Try some JR servo's cost a little more but well worth the money. I have never had one fail other than stripping the gears.
I have a couple of JR's three pole digitals that seem to be having problems. I am not sure if its the servo or something else. What is interesting is that it seems to be the same problem I am having with the Hitecs. Maybe they are getting the motor from the same place Hitec gets theirs.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:25 PM
dirtybird

Well,it turns out there was NO PROBLEM with my servos.
It was the Y connector.
I'm sorry Hitec