Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo horn/arm screws??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 02:22 PM
RetUSAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo horn/arm screws??

I'm looking at the small screws that hold the servo arm in place on the servo....JR in this case, but they are different from those on servos I got from Radical RC.

I know JR sells packs of 4 or 8, but I'm wondering before I head to the hardware store,

Anyone know the correct size for JR screws?? I can't imagine there is anything magic about them, or am I missing something (besides the screws!!)??

Thanks for any input.

Doug

PS. These are "standard" sized servos, JR 517.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the JR screws, but the Hitec metal geared servo horn screws are M2.6x8. Give Microfasteners a call and see if they can tell you the size. Also you can order from McMaster online, but you have to buy in lots of 100.

Vince
Old 07-10-2002, 12:39 PM
RetUSAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Vince,

That's what I was looking for, just for JR!! It would be nice to have a database of common screws, threads, etc....So when you go to the hardware store you don't have to sift though 200 drawers and bins to find the right thing - maybe!!. Probably a big task!!

Anyway, my LHS came through with the JR screws...$1.95 for 15, so not too bad for a lifetime supply!! (I'm not in the habit of losing them, but bought some used servos that came bare.)

Doug