Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

interference help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:35 PM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interference help

I was just wondering if since I used the stock metal wires for the rudder and elevator with plastic clevis's, would that cause interference withmy reciever? I am using a Zenoah G26. I have done all the no no fix's except buy a pcm receiver which will be next. All that I havnt done is use nylon rods for the control serfaces. (throttle is nylon too) Everything is at least 12" to 18" away and I did all searches on this at RCU and am really bumfuzzled. Original plug, new motor no loose stuff. It is going on a GP Stearman 120. And everything electric is double wraped. Any help?
Old 06-22-2004, 06:40 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: interference help

If there's no loose metal to metal contact anywhere, then the next question is: Is your receiver antenna inside the fuse? If so, try routing it outside the fuse and see if that makes a difference.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:43 PM
crashland 73

i have tried both ways. i have thought of putting it straight in the air like an rc car. As far as I can tell there aint no metal to metal rubbing anywhere. loose anyway.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:32 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

You should be fine. Stop worrying and practice flying.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:36 PM
crashland 73

I have to worry, I dont have money pouring out my butt like some people do. I read a post a few days back about a feller that had the range test that I had and flew anyway, now he has a bag of toothpicks.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:13 PM
crashland 73

Ok, I finally got me one of those JR 770 Slimline PCM receivers today. Odd thing, when the plane is facing the left of me (engine pointing left rudder facing right) I got about 150 ft with antenna down on a range test. Now, when I faced the plane towards me I got almost or there abouts 200 ft or more. Why would that matter? I am happy to say that I feel more confident now and I have the failsafe set on idle and it works great. I am going to see if it will still work ok with the receiver in front of the servos instead of behind so's that I wont have to add any weight to balance it. Anyway, I thought I would post how things went. I tried a GWS 8 ch receiver that a feller told me would work but it didnt. I have this posted on other forums here so I appologize for any repeats.

Thanks for all the help. I will post a maiden flight when I get it in the air.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crashland, you never said what your range is befor you get interference or even if you had interferance. If you do have it, putting in a PCM reciever is just delaying the crash a bit. PCM does mask some small short duration interference but does nothing to cure it. If it were my problem, I'd stick with the PDM (PWM?) receiver until I found the source of the interferance. Recheck every thing--no metal to metal that can vibrate--resistor spark plug--no carbon build up on plug--nonconductive throttle push rod--no hidden breaks in the antenna lead masked by the insulation--no cracked crystals in reciever (there are two of these, one fixed and the other channel selection) plus all the other things you can think of and pay particular attention to adequate size wire, GOOD connectors and minimize any extensions (if necessary make sure they are heavy duty with the best connectors available).
Old 06-24-2004, 11:02 AM
crashland 73

Thanks Rodney,

I had put a few posts in other areas listing what I had done. I caint remember them all now. But I had done all that could be done including what you mentioned. I used a 700 slimline, Hitec supreme 8ch, and a GWS 8ch narrowband and stuff. All of which wouldnt do me much good. I had a range test of about 75ft glitch free. I could go a little more but I would have a few glitches. All receivers were brand new and new crystals. All new equipment too.