RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

wall power for tx w/ sim

Old 06-27-2004, 01:08 PM
PencilShavings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default wall power for tx w/ sim

im getting a sim soon, aerofly, and i will be using a spare old transmitter i have, it is still in perfect working condition so i dont want to abuse it all..

its an airtronics vg6dr transmitter..i have a spare wall charger so i put a battery plug on the wall charger transmitter end.

i plugged it in and tried it and the voltage gets about a 3 out of 8 on the analog meter, which should work for a sim...the wall charger seems to only be putting out ~7v so thats the problem there, plus its only a 75mah max current..

anyway my question is..should i take out the crystal or module or something to keep it from heating up?..ive heard it can sometimes be a problem on some radios to have it on for a long time, especially with the antenna collapsed.

thanks
dan
Old 06-27-2004, 02:17 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: wall power for tx w/ sim

the rf module is probably sucking more current than the rest of the radio, yank it! and yes it can be harmed if used without antenna.

if you still don't have enough power then find any old 12v wallwart with a higher current rating or tap into your pc power supply...

dave