Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9Z WC2 Book????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9Z WC2 Book????

Hey Guys
I have a Futaba 9C radio that I use, and when I bought it I also bought a book with it, It was by Harry Higley and the book was great it should me everything and more about the 9C, Well I just bought a 9Z WC2 radio and I was wondering if anyone knows of a book on this one.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2004, 10:22 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 9Z WC2 Book????

None that I know of. Maybe Ann Marie Cross will get around publishing one.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:45 PM
garywg

You can get that whole manuel at the Futaba web site. In PDF format.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Recently I personally spoke with the gentleman who wrote the books for the Futaba radios (not Higley) and I asked him straight out if his intention was still to write another book for the ZAP/ZAW/WCll and he responded in the affirmative.

I asked him the same question at least 5 years ago at a local hobby show and his response was affirmative then too....but nothing keeps happening.
My guess is that due to the programming flexibility of the transmitter and the time involved in producing a comprenhensive manual and the need to make a living will prevent this from ever getting done.
This is not criticism, this is a reality check. This is a big, complex, time consuming project.

There are many individuals now who have considerable experience with programming these transmitters who can help you make friends with it.

Regards

Dave
Old 07-17-2004, 11:21 PM
TJKav8tor-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

I'd echo Dave's reply. I have had a few personal experiences or three with the complexity of setup of the 9ZAP WC2 and while it is an extremely flexible and strong device I can also tell you a masters in engineering is a prerequisite for setup.

Today I spent the better part of the afternoon flying IMAC practice, in reality watching a kind soul reprogram my 9Z mainly due to the fact that the dog gone manual was just so tough to get through. Fortunately Drew was a 9ZAP guru who graciously pointed out my programming errors and helped me square them away.

I would sure like to have the benefit of all the programming expereince out there in the form of a step by step description of how to set these up quickly and easily. Mr. Edberg and chance of getting that manual written?

By the way my Cap flys 100% better after setting up the programs and mixes correctly. Thanks again Drew!

TJ [8D]
Old 07-18-2004, 10:40 AM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

TKJ I agree, the manual supplied is not very complete, or I am a little slow. Well maybe some of each. When you shoot for a complex or non complex mix it would be nice if they gave some reason and approach to how and why. That way all us mortal could logically understand what we are trying to accomplish.
I guess they feel by the time you buy a radio that complex, you already know everything about mixing and setups there is to know.
I made myself a cheat sheet so I would not forget any of the trim link, etc. Well now I have lost that so by the time I make a new one I probably will have it memorized, RIGHT.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:31 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<<... a master's in engineering is a pre-requisite for set-up...>>

Gee; I must have a master's degree in engineering I forgot about...
Old 07-19-2004, 09:15 AM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

There is a FAQ section on their website, that can be downloaded.