Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Do I need to reprogram my 5645

Old 07-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do I need to reprogram my 5645

I was doing my preflight control checks on my PW Extra 300 and noticed the Rudder was sluggish the plane is setup with two Hitec 5645 servos in the tail. Took the plane back to the pitts and disconnected the pushrods and found the Lt servo dead. I swapped it out with another NIB 5645 and now have problems with the servos moving together in tandem.

Tx is a Futaba 8 (not the super) using an 8ch PCM Rx. The Rt servo is in ch 4 with the Lt slaved to ch 8. I have 100% mix both ways with the Link and Trim "on". The servo center seems to be off with more counterclockwise throw than clockwise. This keeps the servo from going to high rate and despite playing with the ATV for both ch 4 and 8 they are still out of sync.[:@]

This plane setup great with no problem and has about 30 flights on her. Am I missing something and as usual any ideas appreciated

Pete
Old 07-04-2004, 01:54 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do I need to reprogram my 5645

If the servos are on opposite sides of the airplane I wonder why you are using two channels for the servo's. Trying to match the servos with mixing just makes it harder to match the travel of the servos. The programmer will help but it still will be hard.
I think it you want to hard connect two servos to a surface you will be better off not using digital servos. Their tighter feedback loop will make it harder to match them.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Do I need to reprogram my 5645

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

If the servos are on opposite sides of the airplane I wonder why you are using two channels for the servo's. Trying to match the servos with mixing just makes it harder to match the travel of the servos. The programmer will help but it still will be hard.
I think it you want to hard connect two servos to a surface you will be better off not using digital servos. Their tighter feedback loop will make it harder to match them.
Thanks for the feedback dirtybird

I'm ahead of you. While waiting for some feedback I placed both on a Y harness with a big improvement. I now do not have enough counterclockwise movement but clockwise is fine and I'm now getting both high and low rates. Meeting a friend at the field in the AM and we will try to reprogram the servo since now they are both on ch4.

Pete