RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 8611 users feedback

Old 07-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR 8611 users feedback

Okay, I have 6 JR 8611s coming tommorow and I want to know how they are working out in the field for you guys. Please list what your using them in and if you have any problems, how many flights you have through them, etc. I have used Hitec a long time and decided to try something new. I am always up for new things and hope these servos are really awesome.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:35 AM
wingburner
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR 8611 users feedback

Hi Shortman.I have 8 8611s on my Carden 35% 330s.It weighs around 28 lbs.I only have 32 flights on it and just recently went through them all and feel no difference from when they were new.I got the metal servo arms from SWB man.,they fit alot tighter than the others made for JRs.The response from these in the air is unmatched as far as I'm concerned.Very precise, fast and responsive.I have also flown with Hitec and Futaba both low end and high end servos but I believe these are superior.The Extra is powered with a ZDZ 100NG and I'm running a Duralite Powerbox with Lithiums,so the servos are running on 6 volts.Like I say so far very pleased,will buy more unless something better comes out.

Jack
Old 07-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wingburner

Hi Shortman.I have 8 8611s on my Carden 35% 330s.It weighs around 28 lbs.I only have 32 flights on it and just recently went through them all and feel no difference from when they were new.I got the metal servo arms from SWB man.,they fit alot tighter than the others made for JRs.The response from these in the air is unmatched as far as I'm concerned.Very precise, fast and responsive.I have also flown with Hitec and Futaba both low end and high end servos but I believe these are superior.The Extra is powered with a ZDZ 100NG and I'm running a Duralite Powerbox with Lithiums,so the servos are running on 6 volts.Like I say so far very pleased,will buy more unless something better comes out.

Jack
I'm sorry if this is not the subject at hand, but how is your ZDZ 100 NG handling a 28 lbs airplane? I have one in a new 34% Edge at 28 lbs and was just curious. Mine hasn't flown yet.

Thanks
Roger
Old 07-06-2004, 08:48 AM
wingburner
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Roger.The 100 pulls the Extra very well.The plane originally weighed 29.5 lbs.(Got rid of the lead in the nose.)It had unlimited vertical at that weight even.It's not a rocket ship but it pulls forever.If your looking for a real powerhouse at that weight you'll have to put in a larger motor.It will do knife edge loops with ease.I'm not a 3-D flyer so I can't comment on that yet.I am running it with a Menz 26-10,I've tried a Biela 27-10 also.It didn't like that prop as much.Seemed to load it to much.Mind you it's not broken in yet.My numbers seem to be in line with the other brands as far as RPM goes.Menz 26-10@6400 and the Biela 27-10@6000.So far I'm very pleased with this motor.I think it's very strong.Easy to start and quite smooth.I'm going to try some other props soon.Don't think you'll be unhappy with your set-up.I'm also running the KS cannister set-up.My headers may be to long,I've got them at 12".Will mess with the length later.Having to much fun now.Roger whos Edge kit do you have.If it's one of your designs I'm very interested.

Jack
Old 07-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Shortman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats good, I also have the ZDZ100NG going in a 35% Extra. Hoping for around 25-26lbs using stock mufflers. Dick was telling me the Mejzlik 27 x 10 is a great prop for it.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:11 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Shorty, I had all 8611's in my H9 Cap/DA100 for about 40 flights, the cap felt way better than my sukhoi, even though the cap had one per aileron and the sukhoi had two servo's.

Then I put 4 of them in my H9 Sukhoi on the wings (Overkill I know..) and could not believe how precise it felt! One is plenty.. But I have probably got 50-60 flights on them and they are awesome, Of course I have 8411's in the tail of my sukhoi and they have about 170 flights on them with no problems either..

Now they are going into the Yak.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wingburner

Hi Roger.The 100 pulls the Extra very well.The plane originally weighed 29.5 lbs.(Got rid of the lead in the nose.)It had unlimited vertical at that weight even.It's not a rocket ship but it pulls forever.If your looking for a real powerhouse at that weight you'll have to put in a larger motor.It will do knife edge loops with ease.I'm not a 3-D flyer so I can't comment on that yet.I am running it with a Menz 26-10,I've tried a Biela 27-10 also.It didn't like that prop as much.Seemed to load it to much.Mind you it's not broken in yet.My numbers seem to be in line with the other brands as far as RPM goes.Menz 26-10@6400 and the Biela 27-10@6000.So far I'm very pleased with this motor.I think it's very strong.Easy to start and quite smooth.I'm going to try some other props soon.Don't think you'll be unhappy with your set-up.I'm also running the KS cannister set-up.My headers may be to long,I've got them at 12".Will mess with the length later.Having to much fun now.Roger whos Edge kit do you have.If it's one of your designs I'm very interested.

Jack

I've e-mailed you back channel, but no, its not my kit as I don't do kits.

34% Edge

Roger
Old 07-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Shortman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will probably end up using 2 JR 8611s per surface and one on throttle because the fact the 35% Extra is really big, 105" or so wingspan and 98" long its real big. If it was the H9 I would use 1 8611 because they are smaller.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:30 PM
JohnVH

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How large is Wayne and Leylands 35%ers with single 8611's?
Old 07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Shortman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think almost identicle in size, both though have experienced some slop, not sure if its related to the one servo per surface, althought it sounds like it.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:05 PM
JohnVH

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34014.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	150989  
Old 07-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Shortman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh you tease! Thats exactly how many I have coming too!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
JohnVH

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

haha, problem is, I need 8 more
Old 07-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Shortman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats what happens when you buy an extremely gross over big plane thats the size of your truck!
Old 07-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm using 5- 8611s' in a 28% Wild Hare Extra. One servo per surface, when two were suggested for the rudder. For the most part, the 8611s' were overkill. But for the rudder, it's an excellent match. Superb speed, and excellent holding power. I'm very happy to have moved away from the "dark side" servos I had been using. They aren't as noisy as the drak side servos. I'm really enjoying the piece of mind that came with the 8611 servos.

These are the first servos I have ever had where 4 of the 5 were a perfect match in speed and centering out of the box! The 5th was almost too close to call. None had any freeplay in the geartrain.

The only problem I have had has not been with the servo, but with an after market 1-1/2" aluminum arm from AirWild. Although it was supposed to be a tight fit, it had enough play around the output shaft teeth to permit the arm to "slam" the output shaft everytime it was moved, damaging the geartrain a tiny amount. Replacing the arm with SWB and the Hanger 9, 1-1/2" aluminum arms eliminated any and all the slop of the arm fit. Both the SWB and Hanger 9 arms are extremely tight fits.

You're going to be a happy man. A little poorer initially, perhaps, but richer in the long run.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:19 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The only problem I have had has not been with the servo, but with an after market 1-1/2" aluminum arm from AirWild. Although it was supposed to be a tight fit, it had enough play around the output shaft teeth to permit the arm to "slam" the output shaft everytime it was moved, damaging the geartrain a tiny amount.

It is not the arms--it is the shaft. At Joe Nall when I bought SWB arms for my 8611 I had the servo and we matched it on the spot. My buddy who had his servo at home did not fair so well. One arm slides on easily and has a bit of loose play---the other has to be forced and is a very snug fit. (Check the back of the SWB package and you may find a + or - mark) Anyway the servo is work in fine on my Ultimate.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:13 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer
The only problem I have had has not been with the servo, but with an after market 1-1/2" aluminum arm from AirWild. Although it was supposed to be a tight fit, it had enough play around the output shaft teeth to permit the arm to "slam" the output shaft everytime it was moved, damaging the geartrain a tiny amount. Replacing the arm with SWB and the Hanger 9, 1-1/2" aluminum arms eliminated any and all the slop of the arm fit. Both the SWB and Hanger 9 arms are extremely tight fits.
Jerry Nelson has an arm system that clamps to the output shaft. I am trying them for the first time with 8611's on a BVM Super Bandit with a big motor. So far they look nice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37708.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	151190  
Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Tired Old Man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've got some of the Nelson arms, and they do work very well. The fit of the (2) AirWild arms that I had was identical. Loose on the shaft of two different 8611s'. Changing them out to SWB arms eliminated the loose arm to shaft fit and everything is now perfect.

Sorry if anyone thought that I believed the tight fit of the SWB and JR arms was a bad thing. To the contrary, I couldn't ask for better!

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:23 PM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My H9 arms fit so tight, on the 8611's, I needed to tighten the arm screw to pull the arm over the spline! I might never get them off.

Regards,
Bart
Old 07-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Tired Old Man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That's what you want!!! They will come off, but you have to do it like you were using a gear puller.