Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

engine shut off! Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 05:13 AM
whatala

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine shut off! Need help!

Hi,
I just build the GWS P-51D Mustang. I have GW/EPS-400C motor, 20AMP speed control. The battery is required 7.2V-8.4V 730mAh.
I use 7 cell 8.4V 730mAh. I try to run the motor with full throttle, it will automaticlly shut off after couple second. Then I move back the throttle to minimum, then move to maximum, the motor will run then shut off after couple second. I thought my battery is not strong enough, then I bought the 8 cell 9.6V 800mAh, I still have same problem. When the motor shut off, I still can move elevator, rudder and aileron.
Do you have any idea about this problem?
Thanks
Old 08-01-2003, 05:26 AM
wildthing7037

Make sure the battery is fully charged.

New batteries need a C/10 (battery capacity divided by 10=73mA charge rate) for the first couple of charges, then you can peak them a the usual rate.

Stefan
Old 08-01-2003, 05:32 AM
whatala

Stefan,
Thanks for your response. How many times you think I need to discharge and charge? If I don't have discharger, can I just let the motor run until the battery run out then charge them.
Thanks
Old 08-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Mark_O74
My Feedback: (1)

What receiver are your using? If it a GWS one that may be the problem. I have a slow stik that has a GWS speed control and receiver, at first we thought it was the speed control so we swapped it out and the problem still existed. We changed to a different receiver and the problem dissappeard. It did just as you described, acts like the bec cuts the motor off but I know my batteries are fully charged. Turned out the receiver was the culprit, I would never have thought that the receiver would have caused that problem.

Mark
Old 08-01-2003, 03:42 PM
whatala

Default Motor shut ofF

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your help. What brand of receiver did you change?
Old 08-02-2003, 05:35 AM
wildthing7037

Hi,

Usually 5 slow charges and your batteries will be up to capacity.
I don't have a discharger either, I just fly until the Bec cuts in for the first couple of flights.
I wouldn't recommend running the motor on the ground for long periods of time as the motor and batteries will eventually overheat.

I have a GWS nano receiver and this has performed flawlessly in my park flyer so I dunno

Keep at it,

Stefan
Old 08-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Mark_O74
My Feedback: (1)

I just changed it out with a buddies GWS receiver and it works fine, have not purchased a new one for mine yet.

Mark