Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Throttle Cable Choices???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 01:17 PM
Dynaride
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Cable Choices???

What is the best material to use for throttle cables? Some people say not to use the breded cables and others say they use nothing but. Will they give you interference if you use plastic connections on the ends? Need some suggestions.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:14 PM
TopShelf
My Feedback: (4)

I think there is another thread here somewhere on the same subject.

My personal preference is the Sullivan push cable http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXFU94&P=7 . The cable is stiff yet flexible enough to fit most applications and is nice and smoothe once installed. I do use nylon clevis's though rather than the metal ones provided.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:37 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Default throttle cables

I guess I'm just tight (my wife says I have moths in my wallett - except when I'm in a hobby store!), but I have great success with good old bicycle handbrake or gear cable! These stranded steel cables are cheap, work fine, and have the right combination of stiffness/flexibility for my uses.

A six feet of it can be purchased for 2 or 3 dollars. The gear cable is slightly lighter guage than the handbrake cable. I run them through antenna tubes or "snake" pushrod outers. I like the sullivan cable too but its a lot more for a lot less cable!

regards

fiery
Old 07-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Using those cables on a glow engine is fine. On a gas engine, I would not recommend ANY metal throttle cables. RF noise can ruin your day in very short order.