RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio question

Old 07-26-2003, 12:49 PM
jasonw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Radio question

Hi. I run a small R/C car club. We recently got a new site to race on but it is next to an R/C plane field. I am wandering will our cars racing cause problems with the planes radios or visa versa? It is my knowledge that the planes must run on air channels and cars must run on ground channels is tha true? If it is then as long as the rules are folowed there should not be a problem correct? If there is a problem then if somone looses there car for having it on an air channel its there own fault correct? and if somone looses a plane for having it on a ground channel its there fault to correct? thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Radio question

You are correct, aircraft are in the 72MHZ range and surface vehicles must use the 75MHZ channels. An exception is the ones on 6 Meteres, I believe it is leagle to run either surface or airborn vehicles on 6 meteres providing you have an Amerature Radio Operators License. I would advise you to be sure that no one uses the aircraft frequencies as the consequences (lawsuits) will be much greater should a car operator cause a plane to crash into something expensive or alive.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:45 PM
jasonw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Radio question

ok even asuming there are planes on the 6 meter band should we be safe if I do not alow any cars to be operated on the 6 meter bnand?
Old 07-27-2003, 01:52 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Radio question

If somone uses a 72Mhz frequency for surface use and they "shoot down" any aircraft they are honor bound to pay for the damage caused. The same is true in reverse if someone flying uses a surface frequency (75mhz) and causes damage to a vehicle or boat. Both sites should be posted with the word that there is a surface or airborne facility within range of each other. We have a bit of a problem keeping flyers and drivers off the same channel as it is without mixing surface and air channels as well. In most cases, if the operators are aware of the problem, there will probably be few conflicts. Most RCer's are good people and just want to enoy their hobby and let others enjoy theirs.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:45 AM
jasonw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Radio question

I understand that. Posting a sign is a good idea. I would never run an air channel in a car as I know the liability. We are having a meeting tomorow I will have to put somthing in the club bylaws forbiding the use of air channels by club members and put a clause holding them finantialy liable if they do use them.