Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2 for 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 07:00 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2 for 1

I am building a Midwest Hots II. It calls for 1 standard servo to run both ailerons. I decided to run 2 servos. I'm ready to mount them but have a question!
Can I replace one standard servo with two Hitec m81's ? They are suposed to have 36oz/torque compared to the standard deluxe at 43oz, which I think would be fine, but will the gears hold up?
Old 07-17-2004, 11:46 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2 for 1

They might... However, I would think that metal gears would be better for this application... The HS-85MG is a great little servo for these kinds of installations. I used them on the elevator halves and rudder of a 40 sized CAP with great success.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:33 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2 for 1

i've been through tons of hot's in my time, all one piece with clipped wings and piped YS .45s.
first one had a single standard servo, no lack of torque but serious flutter problems. all my hots after that got a pair of standards or airtronics 401 minis and both worked fine.

also be sure to seal your hinge gaps. i cover the wings and ailerons after hinging

dave