Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitech VS Futaba servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:23 AM
iflewbayou-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitech VS Futaba servos

Whats the pros -cons about the two...
Old 08-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Here we go again.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:32 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

HiTec:
Pro
Inexpensive
Lots of torque and speed for cost
Cons:
Some people clim to have bad luck with them as far as survivability, though I've switched to HiTec servos/receivers exculsively because of the cost. (I fly with a Futaba 9C)

Futaba:
Pros:
Good reliability and survivability. I've never heard of one go bad (unless the pilot really abused it in a crash or something i nwhich NO servo will survive).
Cons: Typically more expensive then their HiTec counterparts.

BTW, you started a radio war
Old 08-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Aeromodeler

In order to produce a product that claims to be as strong as the competition for half the price and still remain competitive means a component or components inside the less expensive one is cheaper.......................Hitec had to of taken a shortcut somewhere..................................
Buy the best that you can afford................
Now if we were talking Hitec and JR then we'd have to take a closer look....................
Old 08-07-2003, 01:46 PM
iflewbayou-RCU

Thanks for the info ... except for crash (i thought this was a site for info ,, if you have a problem with what people ask make your own site so you can edit what people need to know...Again for those that like to help thank you...
Old 08-07-2003, 04:20 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Isnt marketing wonderful. There are people that believe a small black box with a small motor on it a few gears and about 5 dollars worth of electronics SHOULD cost 90 bucks or better.
I think the most overpriced of all the overpriced things we buy in the RC field is servos. Come on now, 100 bucks for a jr digital. You can buy 2 VCR's for that now days. A digital servo pushing the price up 30 bucks- get real a video board for a computer has 100 times the complexity and cost 20 bucks. Granted Hitec isnt cheap either but at least they offer a choice of lesser cost servos. I have used many futaba and hitec servos. They have all been generally reliable with good and bad points. You really need to do a search of rcu on SPECIFIC types or models as a question such as yours is too broad to get any kind of informative value from it. This is why someone says "here we go again"
Old 08-11-2003, 11:56 AM
edge 3644

Hi
Low range Hitec servos like HS 300 are rather bad. Many do not
center very soon, oscillate witghout any reason. Often wireing
to servo motor gets desoldered. Top range like 925, 945 or digidal
5945, 5925 seem to be very good so far.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:32 PM
3DFanatic

I use HS-425BB for ailerons and elevators and HS475HDs on my rudders... I've never had a problem and I've never had one fail.

Speaking of outrageous prices... I poped open my CAMPac module to see what was in it... THere are 3 components, a resistor, a capacitor, and an IC chip. You can go to Radio Shack and pic those up for about $7. Futaba charges $100... Uhhh huh.. sure.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:25 AM
iflewbayou-RCU

I think all you are buying is a name ... i think i am going to stick with Futaba for my warbirds for now ... but i am going to go with Hitech to test them out on my pattern plane .... I am with "smallfly" why is it we pay so much for little black boxes when you can get alot bigger things that bound to cost alot more for so much less .... I rekin they know we are going to buy them no matter what so they are going to continue to sale high priced stuff ...
Old 08-12-2003, 05:55 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

You can't really compare the entire product line of one company to another. That just turns into a Ford vs Chevy thread. If you were asking about a couple of specific items, that is different as they could be easily compared. Moderator should kill this thread.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Bullitt

There is no argument on that subject! Fords Rule!

Old 08-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

iflewbayou, I was just being silly. (relax). If you were to do a search, this discussion has been worn out. I am surprised at how well everybody has behaved on this thread. (pleasantly surprised)

To help with your question.
Both servos are good. Personally, if I could afford to, I would go with the Futaba servo. I have owned more futabas than I can count and never experienced a prob.
I have owned 3 Hitech and one of them gave me problems right out of the box. I am in the middle of building a 1/3 sukhoi and I am considering discarding the 2 Hitechs' and buying Futaba.

Hope I helped.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:26 PM
iflewbayou-RCU

I think i will stay with futaba .. even though i think they are over priced they are most of the pilots choice ...... Trying to close this thread but it won't .... Thank You all for your input ....
Old 08-12-2003, 11:57 PM
3DFanatic

Bullit, DODGE FOREVER!
Old 08-13-2003, 12:05 AM
Bullitt

You would be Dodging Bullitts!! BTW, that is with 2 T's like Detective Frank Bullitt in the Steve McQueen movie.