Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitters

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:10 AM
flying wood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitters

In order to use a dual conversion receiver do I need any specific type of transmitter?

Can any one recomend a 6 channel reciever with quality elevon mixing (I have a Viper Twin which is a flying wing)

Thank you
Tim
Old 07-14-2004, 10:22 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: transmitters

Dual conversion\single conversion are different Rx filtering methods and have nothing to do with the TX. The Tx does not care what type of filtering the Rx uses.

The Rx crystal is a different matter however. A single conversion Rx must use a single conversion crystal and a dual conversion Rx must use a dual conversion crystal.

Additionally an AM Rx must use an AM crystal and a FM(PPM) Rx must use an FM crystal

Last but not least The modulation shift must match the Tx. Negative Shift Tx must use a Negative shift Rx. The positive shift Tx must use a positive shift Rx. The exceptions to this is if either the Rx or the Tx has a shift select feature.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Montague

Also, receivers don't mix, it's the transmitter that does all the mixing. So any RX will "handle" whatever mixes the TX does.

Take a simple aileron->rudder mix as an example. You set it up so that the rudder moves with the ailerons. Inside the TX, when you move the aileron stick, the TX creates signals on both the aileron and rudder channels, so the RX sees information telling it to move both surfaces. The RX can't tell if if the commanded movement was the result of a mix or something you did manually, and it doesn't care.

The exception to that is if you use an add-on mixing box that would plug in to two (or more) channels on your RX, and you'd plug your servos in to the add-on mixer. There are several add-on elevon mixers out there. But again, using an add-on mixer has nothing to do with what reciever you buy, they should work with any RX exactly the same.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:40 PM
flying wood

Sorry I ment a 6 channel transmitter with delta wing (elevon) mixing.
Does anyon know of a good one?
Old 07-17-2004, 11:44 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: flying wood
Sorry I ment a 6 channel transmitter with delta wing (elevon) mixing.
Does anyon know of a good one?
Any 6 channel computer radio (transmitter) will have elevon mixing (JR calls it delta). You can choose from Futaba, JR, Hitec, Airtronics, multiplex, etc... What brand of radio gear do you have now?
Old 07-19-2004, 06:13 PM
flying wood

Is there anyway to get a transmitter like the Laser 6 (hitec), without the servos and reciever? I already have my mind set on hs55 servos and and an Electron reciever (they come together in a flight pack).
Old 07-19-2004, 10:08 PM
smokingcrater

servocity is known as a great retailer and sells just TX's bare for a good price
http://www.servocity.com/

although with the laser 6, i would almost spend the extra $50 and get the two servos and rx with it. or jump up to the 7c for a little more, which will last you through MANY planes.

(and no, i have no affiiliation with servocity! just bought a couple things from them, including my bare futaba 9c)
Old 07-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another good choice for a transmitter only is the Hitec Eclipse. With that and the Spectra frequency synthesizer, you will be able to operate just about any make of PPM receiver on the market and fly glider, power, electric, delta, helicopter configurations.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:22 PM
flying wood

Thanks I can save a lot of hassle that way!