RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7CAP dual elevator servos

Old 07-23-2004, 08:24 AM
martin18152

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 7CAP dual elevator servos

I been struggling a bit with programming the 7CAP: this is what I’m trying to accomplish

Flaperons Function – default master aileron channel 1, flap on channel 6
Dual servo elevator Mix 1 – master channel 2, slave channel 7
Up elevator slaved to Rudder Left or Right - rudder channel 4 master, slave elevator channel 2

I hope I’m wrong, but I believe that you can’t chain master – slave combinations. Example: I tried to slave elevator channel 2 to master Rudder channel 4, channel 2 elevator moves; however, channel 6 which is slaved to channel 2 would not move, so I had to use a second mix and slave channel 4 to channel 6 so I could get total elevator movement. Since I’m using mix 1 for dual elevator servos, and mix 2 and 3 to slave the elevator to rudder, that’s all my mixes.

Maybe I’m not doing it right, or there is a better way to accomplish this. I would like to use one more mix to slave ailerons to rudder, which at this time I don't have.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Krysta

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 7CAP dual elevator servos

Hi martin18152,

Unfortunately, there is no "Link" feature in the 7C as there is in the 9C. While based in looks and style on the 9C it does not have all of capabilities of the 9C.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 07-23-2004, 10:52 AM
martin18152

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 7CAP dual elevator servos

I guess I will have to buy a Y harness with a reverser.

Thanks for your response Krysta

I was on the futaba FAQ section, I also read something that I interpreted to mean that the in flight elevator trim would not work on the slaved servo, is this true? I never noticed it in flight, I will have to check it out, just assumed that the trim was tied to the same data source as the stick movement, and it would also trim the slaved servo relatively.