Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

What is everyone using for a spare battery for a JR 12X?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What is everyone using for a spare battery for a JR 12X?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
pcinc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is everyone using for a spare battery for a JR 12X?

Looking to pick up a spare battery for my 12X and wondering if anyone came up with an after-market or an alternative unit.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is everyone using for a spare battery for a JR 12X?

Replaced my stock 12X battery with Eneloops from Chad at Sin City Jets. I know a lot of others have done it also. BVM also sells them.

http://sincityjets.com/store-batteries.htm

No special charger is needed. Charge on NiMH setting at 300 mah.

With the Eneloops you will not need a extra pack you can fly all weekend and won't have to charge.

If you want an extra pack, as far as I know the only place to get one is from Horizon.. Checked Horizon site and the battery is $83.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

+1 on the Eneloops and you can also get 'em at NoBS, but as noted getting an extra cassette is the big issue. A 10X cassette will fit if you can find one and they fit just a tad tighter which eliminates the concern about the pack slipping off the connector pins as noted in the SB on the radio.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, with Sin City you can send him you 10 or 12X cassette and he will install the Eneloops for you. No extra charge.

Horizon will not sell you just the cassette without the battery.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Also, with Sin City you can send him you 10 or 12X cassette and he will install the Eneloops for you. No extra charge.

Horizon will not sell you just the cassette without the battery.
Yeah Steve at NoBS will do the same thing. While my initial Eneloop pack came from Sin City Jets and I had Chad install it, I got another pack last year for another cassette which I installed myself, the shipping on the thing was extemely slow at about 8 business days and he hit me $10.00 for USPS shipping when the label said it was the $4.95 flat rate box and no communication from him at all.

Not sure if he's just getting more involved with the jets or his real job, but I've been disappointed with my interactions with Sin City of late and keep hearing similar things from guys I've sent over there over the last couple of years..... []
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 AM
pcinc
My Feedback: (29)

Thanks for the input guys! I ended up buying a new battery pack from a hobby store on E-Bay for a spare. I'm going to send my original pack out to NoBS and have them solder in a new set of Eneloops for longer flight times, then use this new pack for back up while at the field.

Thanks again,
Peter
Old 08-30-2011, 11:46 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

I did the Eneloops thing also and couldn't be happier. Great batteries and run a LOOOOOONNNNG time.