Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

T6xa and U-Can-Do

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 02:12 AM
Tycer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T6xa and U-Can-Do

Whew, boy, am I lost. Been trying to figure out which servo extentions and Y harnesses I am going to need for my U-Can-Do .60 that I have on order. I am going to be using a Futaba T6xa with the PCM reciever. Everytime I read which ones I need it seems to counter-advise itself. Went to my field today and asked around. One suggested I would need

1- Reversing "y" harness
3- 24" extentions
2- 12" extentions

I just keep confusing myself the more I think about it. Not even sure that I need a reversing Y Harness since this is a computer radio. Please help!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 03:01 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

You will need a reversing Y because your radio doesnt support dual elevator servos.

All the reversing Y does is changes the direction of one servo thats plugged into it.
Easy to use and works pretty well..
Old 08-26-2003, 03:39 AM
Tycer

I am sorry for being so stupid about this. But please confirm that the following will work.

Aileron:
1- 20" Y harness

Rudder:
1- 24" servo extension

Elevator:
1- Reversing "Y" connector
2- 24" servo extensions

One thing I don't understand is how my Aileron's will go in opposite directions without a servo reversing Harness there also.. Unless each aileron servo has its own channel. And, why do I want my elevator to go in opposite directions? Whew,, I know this is all so simple but for some reason just isn't taking hold in my head.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:47 AM
wgeffon

As far as the length of the extensions.... I am not sure.

The reason for the reverser is because your elevators arms will either point up or both down. If you just hook a normal Y to them one will swing forward while one is swinging aft. The reverser makes them both go in the same direction.

A normal Y on the ailerons is ok because the arms need to go in opposite directions. One ail up one down..

The reason they go in oppsosite directions is because the arms are on different sides of the servos from eachother.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:54 AM
Tycer

Thank you so much wgeffon. I think I understand now. I knew there was a easy answer. Some times I get things stuck in my head and cannot see my way out. I know I just set myself up for some sort of bashing with that comment but I think I deserve it. . Hmm, you know, just thought of something. I was out at the field today and saw a guy with a Ucando and he could make either side of his elevator go in opposite directions. Will this be possible with this setup? Not that I need to though.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:57 AM
wgeffon

Not with the T6XAS..

Most computer radios have a way to make dual elevator servos work in a mix but the 6XAS doesnt.

I have a 6XAS also and I really like it but it becomes limiting very fast with set-ups like yours.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:27 AM
Aeromodeler

A normal Y on the ailerons is ok because the arms need to go in opposite directions
I would use extensions over a Y for the Ailerons.... I believe the T6XA can still utilize Flaps Spoilers/air brake etc etc.........
I have a UCD and you will want the extras........
Old 08-26-2003, 04:44 AM
Tycer

By using two extentions rather than a "Y",, my ailerons will be on two channels?
Old 08-26-2003, 04:58 AM
wgeffon

Yes you can do that with the 6XAS.
Left side in Ch1 right side in Ch6
You'll then need to activate FLPPR.

This gives you the option for mixing as stated above.

I tried all the mixing on my UCD (flapperons, spoilerons etc) and I found it flew better without any.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Ernie Misner

Wayne is right. Forget the Y harness on ailerons since you have a 6 channel radio. Use channel 1 and 6 for your ailerons and activate the flaperon function as outlined in the manual. This has numerous advantages over the Y harness..... such as indivual end point adjustment and centering. You are using TWO aileron servos on the UCD so you might as well use the technology that is available to you with the 6XA.

Ernie
Old 08-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Tycer

Great!! I think I actually understand.. Yes!! It is possible!! It really happened!! Please don't get used to it though. I am the reason for which knowledge-bases were invented. Now I am just waiting for my plane to arrive tomorrow so that I can put it together and crash it. :stupid: